Social Care at Home in Greater Aiken, SC
Social Care at Home Helps Seniors Use Email, Texting, Social Media, Search Engines, and Other Online Tools to Improve Their Lives in Aiken, Augusta, Graniteville, and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels of Aiken understands the importance of providing a holistic approach to home care. Our unique, all-inclusive method is 100% personalized, addressing your loved one’s social care at home.
Our social care at home program employs the use of modern technology to help families and friends keep in touch, connecting them via networking platforms like Facebook, Skype, and Face Time. The caregiver’s main goal is to provide their client a way to remain active, healthy, and engaged.
A Look at Recent Studies
Several recent studies go over the effect of social media on seniors and found multiple benefits:
- Depression in seniors can be reduced by as much as 20% by surfing the internet.
- Seniors who use Facebook, according to a study out of the University of Arizona, show an improvement of 25% in mental “updating” skills. Meaning, using Facebook can improve working memory in older adults.
- Elderly individuals who visited social networking sites like Snap Chat, Instagram, and Facebook had a positive emotional experience. This experience was measured via pupil dilation, breathing rates, and brain stimulation.
Visiting Angels of Aiken’s Social Care Program
With our social care at home program, seniors can learn various technological skills that will keep them connected to their loved ones. Our social care program offers older adults a means to modernize their approach to communication, teaching them to:
- Use a cell phone to make a call or send a text
- Send an e-mail, by phone or on a computer
- Use visual networking apps like Skype or FaceTime
- Create a Facebook account and page to interact with family and friends
- Use the internet, login to messaging accounts, shop online or use a search engine to research information
Getting Started with Visiting Angels of Aiken
Contact Visiting Angels of Aiken today at 803-335-3660 to learn more about our social care program in Aiken, Augusta, Graniteville, and the surrounding area. With a quick call, we can schedule a free, in home assessment, given by one of our care coordinators, to evaluate what type of services your loved one may require. When you need quality, friendly in home support from senior care professionals, trust our compassionate, trained caregivers at Visiting Angels of Aiken.
Serving Aiken, North Augusta, Graniteville, Warrenville, Beech Island, SC, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels AIKEN, SC2218 Woodside Executive Ct,
Aiken, SC 29803