Alzheimer's Care in Albuquerque: When is it Time?
If your loved one has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, or is still waiting on confirmation from yet another specialist, your family will probably need time to process what's happening and figure out how you can provide the best possible care for them. However, even if you don't quite know how to respond to this news, there are many benefits to contacting a local Alzheimer's care provider sooner rather than later. At Visiting Angels® Albuquerque, we can help you tackle many of the big decisions you'll be making on your loved one's behalf, including if and when they need professional care at home.
Why It May Be Time to Call an Alzheimer's Care Provider at Visiting Angels Albuquerque
Alzheimer's disease can affect your relative's life in ways that you may not notice at first. As you decide whether you should call an Alzheimer's care provider in Albuquerque for your loved one, consider the following questions:
- Does your loved one seem physically healthy?
- Have they lost a lot of weight or shown other signs of physical neglect?
- Have they ever forgotten about a doctor's appointment or other important events?
- If they have medication, are they taking it regularly?
- Have they ever wandered off or gotten confused when you went out together?
- If you've been helping out with certain tasks, have you felt comfortable with the level of care you've provided, or do you feel overwhelmed?
- How do you feel when you've left them on their own at home?
If you have any inkling that your family member either may not be safe without more consistent care, or their life could simply be better with a bit more support, then this could be the perfect time to talk to a care provider from Visiting Angels Albuquerque. In fact, incorporating Alzheimer's care into your loved one's life early on may even help them enjoy a higher quality of life for a longer period.
Book a Free Consultation for Your Loved One in Albuquerque
If your loved one lives in Albuquerque or the surrounding area, including Los Lunas, Rio Rancho, Bernallilo, Edgewood, Los Ranchos, or Placitas, our Alzheimer's care professionals can come to their home to provide a free consultation. During this session, we'll discuss your relative's needs and preferences, and determine how our care services can help.
To book a consultation for your family member or to learn more about our Alzheimer's care options, call Visiting Angels Albuquerque today.