Stress and Alzheimer’s Care in Appleton
When you care for a parent or loved one with Alzheimer’s in the Appleton area, it’s only natural for you to feel a certain level of stress and concern. Too much stress, however, can put your own health and well-being at risk, making it difficult for you to provide the care your loved one needs.
While you want to make sure your loved one in the Appleton area receives the best possible Alzheimer's care, it’s equally important that you take time for yourself to rest and recharge. If you provide Alzheimer's care to your loved one, Visiting Angels® Appleton gives signs that you may be experiencing unhealthy levels of stress include:
- An Increase in Health Problems. Studies have shown that an increase in stress can lead to a number of health problems. If you have experienced an increase in health difficulties while caring for your loved one, it may be time to take a short break to rest and recoup.
- Lack of Concentration. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's can sometimes seem like an all-consuming task, causing you to forget other responsibilities and commitments.
- Exhaustion. If you find yourself constantly tired and overwhelmed, it may be time to seek outside help when caring for your loved one.
- Irritability. Your loved one with Alzheimer's deserves patient and compassionate care, however, over time, providing this care can leave you with feelings of frustration. If this is the case, it may be time to take a step back from providing Alzheimer's care for your loved one and call Visiting Angels Appleton for help.
- Sleeplessness. Worrying about your loved one's care can lead to sleepless nights which can increase exhaustion and health problems.
- Social Withdrawal. After dedicating yourself to providing Alzheimer's care to your loved one in the Appleton area, finding the time to spend with other family and friends can be challenging.
How Alzheimer's Care from Visiting Angels Appleton Can Help
At Visiting Angels Appleton, we believe that no one should have to care for a loved one with Alzheimer's all on their own. Our Alzheimer's care services, at Visiting Angels Appleton provide seniors with helpful reminders, monitoring, and assistance with daily tasks, while giving families peace of mind and much-needed respite.
To find out more about how Alzheimer’s care services at Visiting Angels Appleton can give your loved one the help they need and give you the support to rest and recharge, call our Appleton, WI office today.
Serving Outagamie County
Visiting Angels APPLETON, WI17 Park Place #150
Appleton, WI 54914
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.