Our Senior Care Services Can Help Your Loved One Stay Safe and Healthy at Home in Greater Aurora, CO
At Visiting Angels of Aurora, we are with you in the fight against coronavirus. All of us have seen the headlines about the spread of COVID-19 in Aurora and across the country. While we are still learning about COVID-19, the disease has been noted for its ability to spread through communities around the world. It’s more important than ever that elders have every resource they need to stay safe, healthy, and comfortable in their homes. Visiting Angels of Aurora is ready to be your partner in senior care to protect the aging loved ones in your life.
Visiting Angels of Aurora Offers Essential Senior Care Wellness Tips During COVID-19 for Seniors
The most important way to keep your loved one safe is to prevent them from coming into contact with COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has outlined ways that the coronavirus can spread in our community:
- Person to person - people who have the coronavirus spread it through touch, coughs, and sneezes.
- On surfaces - on hard surfaces (like metal), COVID-19 can last for up to 2-3 days; on more porous surfaces, like cardboard, COVID-19 can last for a few hours.
- In the air - COVID-19 remains active for up to three hours in the air.
How We Keep Our Seniors Safe
In Aurora and in the home of every client we interact with, the goal of our in-home care providers is ALWAYS to maintain your aging loved one’s health, independence, and safety. Our senior care providers are licensed, bonded, insured, fully trained, and each has the expertise and knowledge your family can rely on to keep a loved one safe at home.
Our in-home care services offer a wide range of assistance services, including meal preparation, medication reminders, mobility assistance, light housekeeping*, and personal care. Using the guidance from the CDC and our Department of Health, Visiting Angels of Aurora is implementing these measures in our senior care services:
- Training all caregivers to recognize the symptoms of COVID-19, and how to respond to these symptoms safely.
- Focusing on hygiene (such as bathing and washing hands), healthy habits, and maintaining safe home environments for all seniors.
- Practicing social distancing and helping your loved one maintain social distance as well. Our caregivers will run the errands, so your loved one can stay safe at home.
- Practicing mindful health habits, such as coughing in the crook of your elbow and avoiding touching your face.
Call Our In-Home Care Agency Today
Visiting Angels of Aurora offers comprehensive in-home services, which support emotional, mental, and social health. We know that anxiety, stress, and depression are common emotions right now, and we’re dedicated to being your partner. To learn more about our in-home senior care services, call Visiting Angels of Aurora today.*Light housekeeping is limited and does not include moving of any heavy objects, please contact our office to learn more.