Senior Home Care and Social Care Services in the Greater Bangor and Auburn, ME Areas
Are You Looking For Your Loved One to Stay Connected With the Use of Modern Technology? Visiting Angels Mid Maine's Senior Home Care Services in Bangor and Auburn Can Help!
Visiting Angels Mid Maine
What are senior home care services in Bangor, Auburn, and the surrounding area all about? It’s about incorporating the modern world and technology into the lives of our elderly clients. Using social media platforms like FaceTime, Skype, and Facebook to keep our seniors engaged and active when connecting with their loved ones is what our senior home care services in Bangor, Auburn, and the surrounding area
What Studies Show About Elderly Social Participation
- When it comes to healthy aging, social participation is a determinant. But the truth is, as people age, social participation decreases which also increases their risk for social isolation. That’s why studies point out that social participation should be a key portion of the services offered towards the elderly in order to foster their well-being and health.
- In a different study, the positive emotional experience was felt by seniors when they engage in social networking sites such as Facebook as evidenced by pupil dilation, brain stimulation, and breathing rates.
- In a study conducted by the University of Arizona showed that seniors have improved working memory by as much as 25% just by using Facebook since they need to mentally update their skills.
- Depression in older adults is decreased by as much as 20% just by surfing the world wide web.
What Our Social Care Program and Care Services Entails
- Your elderly loved one will be taught and shown how to use FaceTime or Skype. They will also be shown how to send an e-mail and even text messaging on their phone.
- They will also be taught how to get and look for information online, even do their shopping online, and most of all creating and logging-in their accounts.
- Primarily, they will also be taught how to use their mobile phones.
- And last but not the least, they would also be shown how to create a Facebook account and then use it in such a way that they can interact with family and friends.
Contact us at 207-605-8288 to learn more about how our senior home care services can help your love done.
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Bangor, Brewer, Hampden, Orono, Old Town, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels Mid Maine444 Stillwater Ave,
Bangor, ME 04401
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.