Prevent Wandering With Dementia Care Services in Bensalem
When you're looking after a family member with dementia or another memory disorder, the challenges can evolve every day. At some point, it's important to get extra support. For seniors in Bucks County, Visiting Angels® Bensalem offers responsive and adaptable dementia care services. We make sure you and your loved one always have a helping hand nearby.
Let's take a look at how our home care assistance can help you deal with some of the complex difficulties related to dementia, including wandering.
What is Wandering And Why Does It Happen?
Wandering is a common risk as your family member's dementia evolves. This can be frightening for everyone and can be very dangerous for your loved one. Here's what you should know:
- Why does wandering happen? As dementia or Alzheimer's progresses, confusion or disorientation can become more frequent. When that happens, your loved one may not recognize where they are, or may think they have to be somewhere, and start wandering.
- What are some risk factors? Wandering can frequently occur with sundowning, a common experience for those with memory disorders. If your family member exhibits signs of restlessness, agitation, or confusion more frequently, wandering may be a concern.
- What should you do? Minimizing further risks, while easing your loved one's mind, are both crucial. Consider incorporating dementia care for further help. Think about installing a doorbell when someone leaves the house. Regular monitoring may be needed.
How Dementia Care Services in Bensalem Can Help
For families in Bensalem, here's how our dementia care can make a difference:
- We can offer ongoing care. Regular, routine support can help reduce moments of anxiety, discomfort, or disorientation. Consistent meals, good nutrition, and toileting can all be crucial. We can help with all of that and more.
- We can supervise. For seniors who are at risk of wandering, supervision may be integral to their safety. With dementia care services set up, you'll always know someone's looking out for them.
- We can alleviate tough moments. When your loved one becomes confused, anxious, or upset, it can be extremely hard on them. It helps to have a kind and empathetic presence nearby. We can be there to ease those challenging times.
Flexible and Compassionate Care For Your Loved One
Get ongoing, adaptive dementia care services, no matter where you're located, including:
- Lower Bucks County
- NE Philadelphia
- And throughout the surrounding area
Let's make sure your loved one is safe. Call Visiting Angels Bensalem to learn more about our dementia care services.