Dementia Care Services in Strongsville: Tips for Making Every Day Easier
When someone you love is afflicted with dementia, your first step should be to create a support plan. With trusted in-home dementia care service for Strongsville area seniors, Visiting Angels® Berea can provide the one-on-one support you need. We offer flexible home care from kind and loving care providers who will be there to assist with daily activities, improve home safety, provide memory aid, and become a source of positive and reliable companionship.
Our goal is to make your loved one's life easier and allow them to continue living at home. As part of that effort, we'd also like to share some tips for ways in which you can support your loved one with dementia. Here are a few important steps you can take to make their daily life easier and safer.
How to Support Your Loved One with Dementia
- Preserve their routine. Having a routine can preserve a sense of normalcy and allow your loved one to feel more comfortable throughout the day.
- Provide memory assistance. Seniors with dementia can benefit from things like medication reminders and help to keep up with appointments.
- Have fun with them. Take time to schedule activities together that your loved one will enjoy.
- Be helpful but not overbearing. For their safety, you should be vigilant and ready to help as needed. However, it is important not to over-step their needs and deprive them of their independence. Activity is very healthy for seniors with dementia, so if they are capable of handling certain tasks without any injury risks, you should step aside and let them do it.
- Be loving and respectful. Above all, your role is to provide a kind, loving, and comforting presence that helps them feel secure and calm.
Take Advantage of Our Dementia Care Services in Strongsville
The best way to support your loved one is to provide them with constant care. For one person, this can be a huge responsibility, but with our support, things will be much easier for your entire family. We provide customized in-home assistance from wonderful caregivers who make it their goal to improve your loved one's quality of life. With our service, you can avoid caregiver burnout, provide a comfortable lifestyle for your loved one, and reduce stress for your whole family.
We are proud to offer our kind, loving, and flexible dementia care services throughout:
- North Olmsted
- Brook Park
- Columbia Station
- Fairview Park
- And the surrounding areas
To get started with our dementia care in Strongsville, call Visiting Angels Berea and arrange your free care consultation today.