Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for Bridgeport, WV and Surrounding Areas
The CDC reports that the elderly, and those with serious underlying health conditions, may be at a higher risk for developing severe illness from COVID-19. As a result, Bridgeport families are doing all that they can to ensure that their families are protected during this global health crisis. Below, the senior care professionals at Visiting Angels of Bridgeport are going to share wellness tips that we have developed, with guidance from the CDC.
To Prevent COVID-19, Keeping Wellness Up is Key
At all times, Visiting Angels of Bridgeport strives to protect their clients and help them maintain their independence through senior care. Below are five wellness tips that we have developed to keep our clients safe from COVID-19.
- Know the symptoms: Our caregivers were informed about the most common COVID-19 symptoms: fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, and confusion.
- Maintain personal care: The CDC reports that good hygiene habits can prevent various infections and illnesses. One of our caregivers can help your loved one maintain their hygiene through tasks such as handwashing, changing clothes, bathing, and brushing teeth.
- Practice social distancing: The virus can spread from person-to-person from six-feet-away or less. It’s important for people, especially those who are high-risk, to practice social distancing. To help your loved one stay at home for as much as possible, one of our caregivers can perform tasks such as grabbing non-perishables from the grocery stores or picking up medication from the pharmacy.
- Stay mindful: Habits as little as sneezing into the crook of your elbow or avoiding touching your face with unwashed hands can prevent illness. A Visiting Angels caregiver can remind your loved one of these important habits.
- Keep the home clean: COVID-19 can linger on a surface for up to three days. One of our caregivers can assist your loved one with housework and ensure the home stays disinfected.
Personalized Quality Care
To best cater to the unique health and wellness needs of our clients, Visiting Angels of Bridgeport offers personalized senior care. Some of the services that we offer include fall prevention care, personal care, end of life care, and companion care. We also assist with daily tasks that can become difficult with age, including meal preparation and transferring. With our help, our clients can maintain their independence while remaining safe.
Do you have any questions about how our senior care agency can help your family? Contact our offices today to learn more and schedule a consultation.