America’s Choice in Homecare
• Up to 24 Hour Care
• Meal Preparation
• Light Housekeeping
• Personal Hygiene Assistance
• Rewarding Companionship
• Day/Night, Live-In or Live-Out Care
• Respite for Family Caregiving
® Registered trademark of Living Assistance Services.
Each Visiting Angels office is independently owned and operated.
937 Haverford Road, Suite 200
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Speak Up For Seniors
• Speak to your family members,
building manager or neighbors about
your fire safety plan and practice it
• Contact your local fire department’s
non-emergency line and explain your
• The fire department will probably
suggest escape plan ideas, perform
a home fire safety inspection and
offer suggestions about smoke alarm
placement and maintenance.
• Ask emergency providers to keep your
special needs information on file.
• Live near an exit. Although your parent
has the legal right to live where they
choose, they’ll be safest on the ground
floor if they live in an apartment
• If living in a multi-story home, arrange
sleeping arrangements on the ground
floor, and near an exit.
If your elderly parent uses a walker or
wheelchair, check all exits to be sure they
can go through the doorways.
Make any necessary accommodations,
such as providing exit ramps and
widening doorways, to facilitate an
Unless instructed by the fire department,
never use an elevator during a fire.
Why Seniors Are at Risk and
What to Do About It