Senior Care Wellness Tips to Keep Your Loved One in Greater Cape May, NJ Safe During a Pandemic
For seniors who live alone, a public health crisis can have challenges. Seniors need regular access to healthcare, transportation, groceries, public services, and community resources. Now more than ever, families are prioritizing the health and wellness of elderly loved ones. At Visiting Angels of Cape May, we know that you’re concerned about the long-term wellbeing of your aging loved one, and we offer the safe in-home senior care you can rely on.
While we are still learning about COVID-19, or the coronavirus, the disease has been noted for its ability to spread through communities around the world. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has outlined the different ways that COVID-19 can spread:
- Person to person - people can spread this disease through touch, cough, and sneeze.
- On surfaces - COVID-19 can live for up to three days on hard surfaces like metal or plastic.
- In the air - COVID-19 can last for three hours in the air.
Visiting Angels of Cape May Offers Senior Care That Helps Your Loved One Stay Safe and Well at Home
In accordance with the guidelines from the CDC and our Department of Health, Visiting Angels of Cape May is advancing the following processes:
- Training and resources for our caregivers - every senior care provider on our team knows the symptoms: fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, and confusion. We will report any changes of health to family members.
- A focus on personal care - maintaining good hygiene is integral to maintaining good health during a pandemic, including hand washing, linens changing, and housekeeping.
- Practicing social distancing -seniors are at increased risk, so maintaining a six-foot distance between individuals is even more important. Home care specialists will run errands, fill prescriptions, buy groceries, and more so that your loved one doesn’t have to.
- Mindful health practices - hand washing, sneezing in the crook of your elbow, and not touching your face are all important to senior health.
Accessing in home senior care can help your loved one remain healthy and safe at home during this health crisis. A home care provider can help with housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders, hygienic care, and running errands so that your loved one can remain safely at home. All these companion care practices can help your loved one stay healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Learn More Today
If you’re concerned about family caregivers coming and going in your loved one’s home, a dedicated professional caregiver can help minimize that risk. Learn more about our professional senior care services by calling Visiting Angels of Cape May today.