Elder Care: Social Care Program for Seniors in Chelsea, MA and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels of Chelsea, MA knows that providing elder care for your loved one requires a holistic approach. This holistic approach entails senior care for the individual, both inside and outside of the home. By utilizing modern technology, our social care program helps families stay connected by using platforms like Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc., to remain active and engaged.
Recent studies show:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20 percent.*
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 percent improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation.**
Our Social Care Program Can Teach Seniors How To:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send e-mail, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook page/account and interact with family and friends
- Log in, shop online or research information on a search engine
For more information on our social care program and other elder care services call 617-409-9039. We can schedule a free in-home consultation.
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Somerville, Charlestown, Chelsea, Everett, Revere, East Cambridge and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels CHELSEA, MA100 Everett Ave #4
Chelsea, MA 02150