Elder Care Assistance in Clearwater: Planning Ahead
When should families in Clearwater start planning for elder care assistance? At Visiting Angels® Clearwater, we tell families that it’s never too early to start preparing for elder care. Caregiving challenges have a way of sneaking up on families and many family caregivers find themselves overwhelmed by the time they finally start to look at their options. By taking a proactive approach to elder care assistance, families in Clearwater can avoid these risks.
Be Proactive About Elder Care Assistance
Here are a few key ways that families in Clearwater can take a proactive approach to elder care assistance:
- Learn more about aging and caregiving. Online resources offer tons of valuable information about senior health, caregiving strategies, care services, and local resources.
- Make adjustments early on, like fall-proofing your loved one’s home, or encouraging lifestyle changes recommended by your loved one’s physician.
- Talk with other family members about how you will share caregiving responsibilities and speak with your loved one’s friends to see if they’ll be able to help.
- Research the costs of elder care assistance in the Clearwater area and plan ahead for how care services will fit into your finances.
- Speak with your loved one about how they want to handle their care needs and make sure you’re on the same page about your loved one’s preferences.
You’ll also want to learn more about elder care assistance services in Clearwater. Over-the-phone conversations with a local care agency can give you basic information about the care services available to your loved one. For more detailed information, you may want to schedule a care assessment.
At Visiting Angels Clearwater, we offer free elder care assistance assessments throughout our full service area, including Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, Safety Harbor, Palm Harbor, and Oldsmar. Our assessments are conducted in the comfort of seniors’ homes and come with no obligation to proceed with a care referral.
By meeting with you and your loved one in person, we can give you a strong idea of what the road ahead may look like and how you can plan ahead for elder care assistance. A care assessment will also give you a better sense of who we are, what we offer, and how our nurse registry agency works.
Visiting Angels Clearwater offers elder care assistance referrals throughout the Clearwater area. To schedule a care assessment for your loved one, or to learn more about our referral services, contact our office today.
Serving North Pinellas County, Florida
Visiting Angels CLEARWATER, FLORIDA922 Florida Ave
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
727-787-3033 Palm Harbor
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.