Transitional Care in Mobile Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
At Visiting Angels® Coastal Alabama, we understand that no one wants to be in the hospital longer than they have to be. According to the centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS), almost one in five Medicare patients discharged from the hospital are readmitted within 30 days. If your loved one in the Mobile, AL area has been admitted to the hospital, our transitional care program can assist while your loved one is in the hospital and in the weeks following their discharge to reduce the risk of hospital readmission.
What Causes Hospital Readmission
According to Visiting Angels Coastal Alabama, there are several reasons why a senior might need to be readmitted to the hospital following their discharge. Just some of the most common reasons include:
- Difficulty managing illness or disease at home
- Exhaustion due to interrupted sleep and meal schedules at the hospital
- Not following through with discharge instructions
- Not taking the proper medication at the right times
- Missing follow-up appointments
How Transitional Care Helps Seniors in Mobile
At Visiting Angels Coastal Alabama, our transitional care services address the reasons why seniors in the Mobile area might be readmitted to the hospital. This approach includes:
- In-Hospital Care. If one of our clients in the Mobile area has been hospitalized, our transitional care starts with a visit on request at the hospital. There, we will bring a copy of our 'Ready - Set - Go Home' discharge planning guide. This guide helps our clients know what questions to ask with regards to issues that may impact readmission, including symptoms to report, dietary needs, and dates and times of follow-up appointments.
- In-Home Monitoring. When providing transitional care to seniors in the Mobile, AL area, our caregivers at Visiting Angels Coastal Alabama are the 'ears and eyes' in the home. We understand the importance of reporting changes in conditions promptly, and can help our clients with mobility assistance, transportation to medical appointments, and medication reminders.
- In-Office Strategies. In our office, we can help identify and track our Mobile-area clients who are receiving transitional care and are at a higher risk of hospital readmission. We can also help facilitate medication and food deliveries, and offer helpful reminders to our clients.
Our transitional care services are available to seniors in Mobile, Daphne, Gulf Shores, Fairhope, Bay Minette, Orange Beach, and the surrounding communities. Contact Visiting Angels Coastal Alabama today to learn more about how we can help your loved one.
Serving All of Baldwin County, AL and the Greater Mobile Area
Visiting Angels DAPHNE, ALABAMA25369 US Hwy 98 #A
Daphne, AL 36526
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.