In Home Care in Riverdale
Companion vs. Personal Care
For seniors who need in home care in Riverdale, no two care plans look the same from Visiting Angels® Davis-Weber. That's because we deliberately customize each care plan based on the unique needs and preferences of our clients. If you're looking for care services, we have a range of options which might be suited to your loved one.
Companion care and personal care are two most frequently used services. Let's review the differences.
What Type Of Care Is Right For Your Loved One?
For seniors who can still live fairly independently, companion care is ideally suited to provide basic support on a regular basis. Personal care is a more intensive option for those with advanced needs. Let's review a few common scenarios for seniors, to see what type of care is needed:
- They struggle to make meals. Maybe your grandfather isn't used to making meals by himself, or maybe it's a hassle to go to the grocery store. If your loved one is struggling with tasks like these, but is comfortable performing other day-to-day living tasks, a companion caregiver might be the right choice.
- They've been diagnosed with dementia. The type of in home care you select for a family member with dementia may depend on how advanced their condition is. For seniors at the early stages of dementia, you can always schedule companion care in Riverdale and upgrade to personal care if needed.
- They feel lonely. Loneliness is more than an inconvenience: it can have real ramifications on the health and well-being of your loved one. If your family member feels lonely or isolated, a companion caregiver is ideal for driving them to social engagements, assisting them with favorite activities, and more.
- They have mobility problems. At a certain point in life, a parent or grandparent may struggle with mobility. You may be concerned about their overall safety. Personal care companions can assist with fall prevention, protective oversight, and mobility support, helping your family member live safely at home.
Learn More About In Home Care in Riverdale
In home care options can feel overwhelming at the start, but they don't have to be. Our team can thoughtfully guide your family through the process. We're committed to providing customized care to seniors in:
- Pleasant View
- West Haven
- South Ogden
- North Salt Lake City
- North Ogden
- And throughout the surrounding area
Learn more about our in home care plans in Riverdale. Contact the Visiting Angels Davis-Weber office to set up a free consultation.
Serving Davis and Weber Counties
Visiting Angels LAYTON, UT1649 Antelope Dr #370
Layton, UT 84041
184 E 500S
Bountiful UT 84010