Memory Care in Boca Raton: Flexibility is Key
Flexibility is key when it comes to caring for someone with Alzheimer's or dementia. Dementia is the primary cause of memory loss and Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia. Whether your loved one has Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia, memory loss requires flexible aid which can adjust to changing needs. There are different types of memory care available to Boca Raton area seniors, depending on their specific type of memory loss and their current stage.
Visiting Angels® Delray Beach FL provides in-home care referrals to seniors throughout Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Lake Worth, Palm Beach, Parkland, Parkland, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, and the surrounding areas.
Memory Care in Boca Raton: Identifying the Stages of Memory Loss
In order to choose the most appropriate form of aid for your loved one, you want to have at least a general idea of what stage of memory loss they are in. You can count on your loved one's doctor for more detailed information, but this is a general guide:
- Stage 1 indicates no outward evidence of cognitive decline or memory loss
- Stage 2 may be very mild changes or age appropriate forgetfulness which is more noticeable to the person affected
- Stage 3 mild cognitive impairment which is noticeable to others but still allows your loved one to get through the day
- Stage 4 this stage of moderate dementia begins to disrupt daily tasks and may cause withdrawal for the sufferer
- Stage 5 moderately severe dementia requires frequent assistance and makes it hard to live independently
- Stage 6 severe dementia at this stage forces seniors to have full-time care to prevent wandering and manage personality changes
- Stage 7 very severe dementia is the last stage of the disorder and requires constant care
Care From Visiting Angels Delray Beach that Adapts to Your Needs
If you want assistance which is truly flexible and able to adapt to your loved one's growing needs, consider a memory care referral from Visiting Angels Delray Beach. Seniors in Boca Raton can receive custom services in their own home. Individual care and attention will provide your loved one with the most beneficial aid for their current condition.
To learn more about your loved one's memory care options in Boca Raton, call Visiting Angels Delray Beach and ask about our referral option. Schedule a free in-home consultation today.