In Home Care Agency in Detroit
As your loved ones get older, you may start to worry about the risks of falling. In fact, falls can be a significant event for seniors, causing broken bones, including hip fractures, and other health issues. Many seniors struggle with anxiety about falling, and this can produce mental and physical health concerns as well. Our in home care agency can reduce the potential for falls. With our fall prevention program, Visiting Angels® Detroit helps seniors stay safe at home.
Falls can occur due to a variety of factors. These include environmental factors like lack of proper lighting or handrails, or physical factors such as poor health, lack of muscle strength, dizziness, or vision problems. Let's take a look at how fall prevention can make a difference.
4 Ways We Can Offer Fall Prevention
At Visiting Angels Detroit, we offer our Safe and Steady fall prevention program to help seniors live at home safely. Our in home care can implement strategies to assist with comprehensive fall prevention, from identifying fall risks to monitoring overall health:
- We observe and remove fall risks. Everyday clutter can pose a significant fall risk for seniors. With regular, light housekeeping, we can remove any clutter blocking entrance ways, hallways, or other parts of the home.
- We offer mobility assistance. Often, getting up from bed or a chair are places where seniors struggle to maintain balance. We can be on-hand to provide mobility assistance, even helping clients with daily bathing and grooming.
- We encourage physical activity. Building up strength is important to minimizing the potential for falls. If recommended by their doctor, we can encourage clients to engage in light physical exercise.
- We monitor overall condition. When physical or cognitive condition deteriorates, the risk of falling increases significantly. We can monitor your loved one's condition to see if there are any sudden changes.
About Our In Home Care Agency in Detroit
For over 15 years, our in home care agency has provided dedicated support to local seniors. We make it easier for clients to remain at home with qualified professional support. Driven by personal experience with a beloved relative, we know how important it is for seniors to have comprehensive and compassionate care. We're proud to support seniors everywhere in:
- Oak Park
- And throughout the surrounding area
At Visiting Angels Detroit, we're committed to helping seniors live safely and with joy at home. To set up a consultation with our in home care agency, call our office today.