Memory Care Services in Detroit, MI
If your senior parent struggles with a memory disorder but wants to remain in the comfort of their own home, you're likely concerned about their safety and well-being. Thankfully, seniors and their families in Detroit, Oak Park, and the surrounding areas can turn to our memory care services from Visiting Angels® Detroit.
For 15 years, we've provided seniors with the in-home assistance and companionship they need to avoid assisted living facilities. Instead, they can age in place comfortably at home. We also provide much-needed respite for family caregivers.
Personalized Memory Care Services for Detroit Area Seniors
Memory disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer's can be wildly unpredictable, progressing slowly in some seniors and quickly in others. This can make rigid, one-size-fits-all care plans unrealistic for many families as they arrange care for a loved one.
That's why our memory care services in Detroit are available "a la carte." Services can be added, removed, and personalized to your loved one's specific needs. When needs change, our plans can be easily modified to accommodate them.
Just a few of our most popular services include:
- Reminders to take medications, drink fluids, and attend doctor's appointments
- Wandering prevention and daily monitoring
- Help with personal care, including toileting, bathing, and grooming
- Transportation for shopping, running errands, and going to appointments
- Mobility assistance, including help with walking, balance, and using stairs
- Reliable respite that helps family caregivers avoid burnout
- Light housekeeping, including changing bed linens, vacuuming, and organizing
- Planning and preparing healthy meals
- Help using household appliances safely
Getting Started with Visiting Angels Detroit
Ready to learn how memory care can make living at home safer for your loved one? Call our office today to schedule a complimentary in-home consultation in Detroit, Oak Park, or the surrounding areas.
We'll review your loved one's current care needs as well as their daily routines and preferences, answer questions, and discuss the logistics of care. When we have a clear understanding of your loved one's requirements, we'll create their customized care plan and match them with a compatible caregiver from our team.
Our caregivers are compassionate, kind, and understand the complex needs of seniors coping with Alzheimer's, dementia, and other memory disorders. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a full-time, part-time, or occasional basis to ensure our clients have the support they need when they need it.
For more information about our memory care services, call Visiting Angels Detroit today to schedule your free in-home consultation.