Transitional Care in Detroit Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Visiting Angels® Detroit provides specialized in-home support for seniors after a hospital discharge, providing care under our Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care program. This program offers care and support to seniors during the crucial first weeks following the return home after a hospital stay. By supporting seniors as they heal and recuperate, we help our clients manage the risks that many seniors face during the recovery period.
Benefits to Post-Discharge Transitional Care
When seniors are discharged from the hospital, they are typically at high-risk for a hospital readmission. According to Medicare data, roughly 1 in 5 seniors is re-admitted to the hospital within 30 days of a hospital discharge. In many of these cases, complications could have been avoided by taking a smarter approach to recovery.
This is where transitional care services from Visiting Angels Detroit can make a big difference. Our transitional care services make the recovery process easier for seniors and their families. Our caregivers offer a wealth of compassion and knowledge. We also provide a wide range of non-medical assistance services to help your loved one follow his or her discharge plan.
Some types of support offered through our transitional care services for Detroit seniors include:
- Physical assistance to help seniors reduce the risk of strain, overexertion, or injury.
- Mobility and transfer assistance.
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, bathing, and eating.
- Medication reminders.
- Companionship, compassion, and conversation.
- Accompaniment to doctors’ appointments and follow-ups with specialists.
- Help planning and preparing meals according to doctors’ dietary recommendations.
- Monitoring seniors for signs and symptoms of recovery complications.
Detroit’s Transitional Care Specialists
In providing transitional care to Detroit’s senior population, the team at Visiting Angels Detroit takes a three-pronged approach to post-discharge recovery.
- At the hospital — Our caregivers are often able to offer support services on request during your loved one’s hospital stay. When doctors start planning for your loved one’s recovery, we can help you navigate through the discharge planning process. We will take an active role to make sure our care providers are aware of all medical directives.
- At the client’s home — When your loved one is discharged, we will begin administering care according to a pre-agreed schedule. Care will be provided in the comfort of your loved one’s home and will follow all directives outlined by your loved one’s doctors and nurses.
- At our office — The Visiting Angels Detroit office will help you coordinate your loved one’s care. If you require additional assistance or need urgent support, we will be there to help. We’re also happy to provide you with guidance and assistance as you manage the recovery process.
Learn more about transitional care services from Visiting Angels Detroit by calling our office today.
Serving Wayne and Oakland Counties
Visiting Angels DETROIT, MICHIGAN11000 W McNichols Rd #217
Detroit, MI 48221