Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for Greater Doylestown
The World Health Organization (WHO) recently referred to COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus, as a pandemic. In this uncertain time, Doylestown families are focused on protecting their loved ones and maintaining their health.
Every day, information about COVID-19 is constantly evolving. But, what we do know, is that the illness can be spread in multiple ways, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The three main ways that the illness can spread are from person to person, through surfaces, and through the air, where the illness can last for up to three hours.
Through bodily functions such as coughs, sneezes, and touch, COVID-19 can be spread through people who are six feet apart or less. Depending on the surface, COVID-19 can linger on them for hours. For example, the virus can last up to 24-hours on surfaces like cardboard and two to three hours on surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel.
By Focusing on Wellness, We Help Seniors Fight COVID-19
One of the main goals of Visiting Angels of Doylestown is to help Doylestown seniors maintain their health and wellness at home through senior care. Some of the many senior care services that we provide for our clients include light housekeeping, transportation, and dressing assistance. With guidance from the CDC, we want to ensure that our practices remain as pristine and sanitized as possible.
Below are some of the guidelines that we’re following:
- Know the symptoms: The main symptoms of COVID-19 are dry cough, fever, chest pain, difficulty breathing, and confusion.
- Emphasizing personal care: Our caregivers assist their clients with many realms of personal care to help them maintain good hygiene. Some of the many personal care tasks that we help with include hand washing, changing clothes, bathing.
- Practicing social distancing: To minimize the amount of time that a senior spends around other people, our caregivers can perform tasks such as grocery shopping for them.
- Don’t touch your face: Our caregivers can remind seniors to remain mindful of their surroundings and avoid touching their face with unwashed hands.
- Maintain a clean house: Keeping surfaces sanitized prevents COVID-19 from being spread, and our caregivers can assist your loved ones to ensure high-trafficked surfaces stay clean.
Our caregivers can ease your loved one’s life so they can stay safe, healthy, and as independent as possible. Visiting Angels of Doylestown also offers specialized senior care to cater to the needs of many difficult individuals. Some of the kinds of senior care we offer include Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, and companion care.
Want to learn more about how our caregivers can protect your loved one in Doylestown? Contact our offices today to schedule a free consultation.