Boosting Immunity with In-Home Senior Care from Visiting Angels East Bernard
Here’s how in-home senior care from Visiting Angels can help seniors in East Bernard, Wharton, El Campo, Fulshear, Katy and surrounding Texas communities improve their immune system in order to stay well during the coronavirus outbreak
As coronavirus continues to spread across the world, seniors need to take special care of themselves to stay safe. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people older than 65 and those with chronic conditions are the most vulnerable groups for developing the infection. In-home senior care from Visiting Angels East Bernard can help your loved one develop and practice healthier routines that are known to improve immunity.
Importance of Maintaining a Healthy In-Home Care Routine for Seniors in East Bernard and Surrounding Areas
Building a healthy, immune-strengthening routine is easy. Here is how Visiting Angels East Bernard can help.
- Getting a good night’s sleep – Our in-home senior care providers help seniors follow healthy nighttime regimes, provide assistance with getting ready for bed, and more.
- Eating a healthy diet – Our care plans include meal preparation, so your loved one can enjoy homecooked meals made with foods that boost immunity. We can provide grocery shopping as well.
- Engaging in physical activity – A caregiver can assist your loved one with exercises like stretching or weights.
- Getting enough fluids & keeping to medication schedules – Our caregivers provide fluid reminders, making sure your loved one is well hydrated, and medication reminders, ensuring they are taking their meds as prescribed.
- Maintaining personal hygiene – Our home care experts can help your loved one with personal care activities like bathing, washing hands, washing teeth, dressing, and more.
Reducing Stress to Improve Health
With the coronavirus crisis affecting the whole world, many people now feel anxious or stressed. These are some stress-relieving tactics for seniors:
- Connecting with family & friends online – At Visiting Angels East Bernard, we are happy to inform you that we offer a Social Care program that helps seniors learn how to use modern technology to stay connected with loved ones, find entertainment online and more.
- Avoiding the news – Constantly hearing about the COVID-19 pandemic can be terrifying, so we recommend taking a break from the news every now and then and instead focusing on enjoyable activities like solving puzzles, listening to music, watching movies.
- Caring for the body – Our in-home senior care providers can help your loved one take good care of their body and physical health.
- Getting professional therapy – If your loved one is still feeling overwhelmed, it may be a good idea for them to speak with a therapist online. Alternatively, they can call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
Learn More About In-Home Senior Care from Visiting Angels East Bernard Today
To get answers to your questions about us, find out more about our services and get started with our in-home care services, please reach out to our East Bernard, TX office today!