Tips for Keeping Seniors in East Bernard, TX and Surrounding Areas Safe During The COVID-19 Crisis
At Visiting Angels, we’re committed to helping seniors in East Bernard, Wharton, El Campo, Fulshear, Katy and surrounding areas in Texas safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. Here’s how our home care agency is taking the necessary steps to provide reliable care for our senior clients
As the COVID-19 outbreak becomes more and more serious throughout the United States and the rest of the world, it is now more important than ever for seniors to take good care of themselves. At Visiting Angels East Bernard, we know just how worried you must feel for your family. Our home care agency wants to help the seniors in our community stay safe during this difficult time.
Coronavirus is a new disease that we are still learning about, but what we do know is that it spreads throughout communities and nations quickly and easily. That is why we all must take extra steps to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and everyone we get into contact with. Fortunately, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued guidelines that can help us better understand coronavirus and protect ourselves from it.
According to the CDC, here is how COVID-19 spreads:
- Through person-to-person contact – it is important to keep one’s distance from others as people within 6 feet of each other can spread the disease through sneezes, coughs and touch.
- Through surfaces – coronavirus can last for several hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and similar surfaces and up to 3 days on plastic and stainless steel.
- Through the air – the disease can last for up to 3 hours in the air.
How Our Home Care Agency Can Help Seniors in East Bernard and Throughout Southeast Central Texas Stay Safe Throughout the Outbreak
Our home care agency has since day one been dedicated to keeping seniors healthy, safe and independent. We have remained committed to this goal throughout many difficult moments and we will stay committed to it during this pandemic too. Since it is crucial for seniors to remain as isolated as possible as the virus spreads throughout America, our trained caregivers can now be of even more help than before.
Following the guidelines from the CDC, our home care agency has developed a plan for maintaining senior health and wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Knowing the symptoms is vital. If a senior develops fever, dry cough, breathing problems, chest pain or confusion, they should inform their family or caregiver and contact their medical team.
- Maintaining excellent personal care is a must. A caregiver can help older adults with personal care and hygiene, including washing hands, bathing, brushing teeth, changing clothes, and more.
- Practicing social distancing prevents the spread of the disease. At Visiting Angels East Bernard, we are aware that seniors are struggling with social distancing. Normally, older adults should interact with others, but during this pandemic, it is truly of utmost importance for them to stay at home as much as possible. Our caregivers can help with running errands, picking up medications and purchasing groceries, allowing seniors to stay comfortable at home.
- Being mindful matters. Both younger and older adults need to remember to sneeze or cough into a tissue or crook of elbow and avoid touching the face.
- Keeping a clean home promotes health. Our caregivers can help with light housekeeping chores and make sure the home is not just clean and well-organized but disinfected too.
Our home care agency offers many other services that can make life easier and more enjoyable during the pandemic. Our caregivers provide meal preparation, mobility assistance, medication reminders, companionship and many other essential personal care services.
Call our East Bernard, TX office today and schedule your consultation so we can discuss your loved one’s specific needs and give you more information on how we can help keep them in good health during the COVID-19 crisis.