Employment in Farmington, MO
Visiting Angels of Farmington is part of the nation’s leading, nationally respected network of essential personal home carfe service agencies providing seniors care, elder care, personal care, respite care, and companion care to help seniors and adults continue to live in their homes across America. We proudly service Farmington, Iron, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Perry, Cape Girardeu counties and the surrounding areas.
We are seeking experienced caregivers to assist clients living in their homes with everyday tasks. We offer competitive hourly wages, flexible hours, and a friendly environment that fosters personal growth. Requirements include:
- Minimum of one year of caregiving experience
- Must have a strong sense of professionalism and must be reliable
- Valid Driver's License REQUIRED
- Must have personal, reliable transportation to and from shifts
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must comply with all agency policies
- Dementia/Alzheimer's experience a plus
- CNA a plus
In Home Caregiver Responsibilities:
- Provides personal care to the client.
- Provides continuous companionship for the client while on duty.
- Assists in meal planning, purchases of foods, and food preparation.
- Washes dishes and cleans the kitchen after meals.
- Assists the client to live in a clean, healthy, and safe environment.
- Observes the client's general physical, emotional, and mental conditions, and reports all changes in condition.
- Keeps appropriate records of all activity while in the client’s home.
- Provides a sense of security for the client and protects the client as much as possible from any harm resulting from the debilitating effects of his or her illness.
- Assists client as needed, excluding medical care.
- Communicates availability to work with the Coordinator on a weekly basis or as required.