Connect Digitally with Social Care Living Assistance in Greater Fremont, CA
Now more than ever, technology connects us. Visiting Angels of Fremont’s holistic approach encourages seniors to socialize and connect with friends and family digitally. Connection with others is an essential cornerstone of good mental health.
By utilizing modern technology, our social care living assistance helps families stay in touch by helping seniors use their devices to access social and entertainment platforms. Technology keeps all of us mentally active and engaged. Social care can help your loved one send texts and emails, use platforms such as Facebook and Zoom, and even play digital games.
Visiting Angels Offers Social Care Living Assistance to Help Seniors in Fremont, Newark, Union City, and Surrounding Areas Remain Connected to Friends and Family
Adopting a digital social life may not come easy to older adults who have difficulties grasping new technology. Our patient caregivers will sit beside your loved one and show them how to use their device, whether it be a cell phone, tablet, or personal computer. They can assist with connecting to the internet, identifying icons, and recording passwords. Our caregivers will show your loved one which keys to push and where to click.
Technology Benefits Seniors in Many Ways
Digital tools can provide cognitive and emotional benefits, according to recent studies:
- A University of Arizona study reveals that seniors using Facebook show a 25 percent increase in “mental updating” skills, essentially improving their working memory.
- Seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measuring breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation.
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in seniors.
Social Care Helps Seniors Connect
Our living assistance program can teach seniors to:
- Use a cell phone
- Send texts and e-mails
- Use online video chat platforms like FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom
- Create a Facebook account to interact with family and friends
- Use a search engine for online research or shopping
Learn More About Our Social Care Options
If you are in Fremont, Newark, Union City, or the surrounding area and want to learn more about our living assistance services, contact Visiting Angels of Fremont! We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and schedule a FREE, in-home assessment with one of our experienced care coordinators.
Contact Visiting Angels of Fremont for more information about our social care program and the positive effects it can have on your loved one!
Serving Fremont, Newark, Union City, CA and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels FREMONT, CALIFORNIA39159 Paseo Padre Pkwy #110
Fremont, CA 94538