How Senior Care at Home from Visiting Angels Gastonia Helps Seniors with Chronic Illnesses
Managing a chronic illness independently can be challenging for seniors. As a family caregiver, you've most likely been assisting your loved one with everyday tasks that have become too difficult due to their illness. However, when their symptoms start to progress, they may need long-term care at home in order to age in place. In circumstances like these, many family caregivers turn to professional home care agencies to find the support their loved ones need.
Fortunately, Visiting Angels Gastonia provides long-term senior care at home to support older adults in Gastonia, Cramerton, Belmont, Shelby, Kings Mountain and surrounding communities in North Carolina who are living with chronic illnesses. Our home care services provide assistance with daily activities. Caregivers can help with personal hygiene, toileting and incontinence care, mobility assistance and more.
Typically, seniors with chronic conditions just need some consistent help with everyday tasks – and Visiting Angels Gastonia is here to help!
What is a Chronic Condition?
A chronic illness includes any condition that lasts a year or more, requires ongoing medical attention and limits activities of daily living. Some of the most common chronic conditions faced by seniors include arthritis, asthma, respiratory illnesses, diabetes and heart disease. Seniors with dementia and certain types of cancer are often considered to be managing a chronic condition, as well.
How Can Professional Home Care Help My Loved One Manage Chronic Conditions?
Many people with chronic conditions need support in managing their disease – not in the doctor's office, but at home, between appointments. Receiving professional care at home can provide that daily assistance that can make all the difference in how successful seniors are at managing chronic conditions.
Here are some reasons why families in Gastonia and the surrounding area choose Visiting Angels for senior care:
- Improved quality of care – Our home care providers offer one-on-one assistance, customized to the meet the needs, abilities and preferences of each senior client. Caregivers can help with mobility, transferring and positioning to reduce the risk of falls. Medication reminders can help prevent mismanagement and other harmful incidents.
- Increase “healthy days,” decrease hospital stays – When providing care at home, our caregivers can keep seniors on top of chronic illness management and sticking to a healthy routine helps promote more healthy days over the long term.
- Control over health – Our home care services allow seniors to remain in control of their care plan. They can remain in their home, continue with their daily routine and receive the care and support required to manage chronic health conditions.
How Can Visiting Angels Gastonia Help My Loved One?
At Visiting Angels Gastonia, we offer a wide array of services so seniors can receive quality care at home to help them manage a chronic condition.
Some of our services include:
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Help with bathing, grooming and getting dressed
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Mobility assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Help with grocery shopping and running errands
- Medication reminders
- And so much more
Unlike other local home care agencies, we believe in a personalized approach when providing care at home for seniors with chronic illnesses. That means we'll tailor your loved one's plan of care based on the services they need as well as their schedule. Our caregivers are available during the day, at night, on weekends and during holidays. We also offer 24-hour care for seniors who need around-the-clock support.
You can count on Visiting Angels Gastonia to be there when your loved one needs us most.
Get Started with Visiting Angels Gastonia Today!
If you'd like to learn how in-home senior care from Visiting Angels Gastonia can help your loved one manage a chronic condition, call our Gastonia, NC office at 704-469-4207 to schedule a free in-home consultation!
Serving Gastonia, Cramerton, Kings Mountain, Shelby, Belmont and Surrounding Communities in Gaston and Cleveland Counties
Visiting Angels GASTONIA, NORTH CAROLINA1544 Union Rd Ste B
Gastonia, NC 28054