Tips for Senior Care for Elderly Adults in Frankenmuth, MI and Surrounding Areas During COVID-19 Crisis
Here’s how Visiting Angels is helping families in Frankenmuth, Saginaw, Bay City and surrounding areas in the Great Lakes Bay region of Michigan stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak through in-home senior care
It is now more important than ever to be focused on the well-being of our senior loved ones in the Frankenmuth and surrounding areas of the Great Lakes Bay region. While there are still many things we are learning about the coronavirus, or COVID-19 as it has come to be called, the disease has spread at an alarming rate across the world.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), COVID-19 can be spread through:
- Person-to-Person: The virus can spread through touching, sneezing, and coughing and it is recommended that people maintain a distance of at least six feet.
- Through Surfaces: COVID-19 has been found to be viable on surfaces like copper for multiple hours, up to 24-hours on surfaces like cardboard, and even two to three days on plastic and stainless-steel surfaces.
- Through the Air: The coronavirus can last for up to three hours in the air.
Frankenmuth and Surrounding Areas Combat COVID-19 by Maintaining Wellness
At Visiting Angels Frankenmuth, our mission has always been to maintain the health and happiness of our senior patients from the comfort of their own homes. Our caregivers are there to provide for their well-being by offering a variety of senior care services. These can range from simple tasks like light housekeeping to more hands-on support with our clients’ personal care needs.
With the guidance from the CDC, our agency was able to come up with best practices to maintain their state of well-being:
- Understand the symptoms: Fever, dry cough, labored breathing, chest pains and mental confusion are all common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Personal Care: Maintaining good hygiene is a great way our caregivers can aid in the well-being of our seniors by helping with bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth and changing clothes.
- Social Distancing: A huge part of this is staying at home and limiting the movement of seniors who are at-risk, especially as Michigan has issued a stay-at-home order. Our senior care providers can run errands and provide grocery shopping assistance to keep seniors at home and safe.
- Staying Mindful: It’s vital that when sneezing or coughing that you do so in the crook of your elbow or in a tissue. This helps stop the spread of viruses and avoid touching your face.
- Maintain a Clean Home: Our caregivers assist your senior loved one with light housekeeping and making sure surfaces are disinfected.
To see what other specialized senior care services we offer, please contact our Frankenmuth, MI office today. We are happy to answer your questions and provide consultation to get to know your loved one’s needs.