Home Care in Niantic
Does your elderly loved one hope to age in place for as long as possible? If so, our personalized home care in Niantic can help. At Visiting Angels® Groton, we work with families in Niantic, Groton, New London, Mystic, Norwich, and Waterford to make this option possible for their older relatives.
Common aspects of getting older, like joint stiffness or a shrinking social circle, make it harder for local seniors to live fully and freely where they are. If you're concerned about a family member's quality of life, we can arrange the care they need. Our caregivers are kind, committed professionals who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for our clients.
Of course, we understand that entrusting a loved one's care to a virtual stranger can be a difficult adjustment. Throughout the home care process, we'll do everything we can to put your mind at ease. To ensure your family member will be in good hands, we vet our caregivers thoroughly and require them to pass a full background check.
About Our Comprehensive Home Care in Niantic
Visiting Angels Groton is a locally owned home care company that has served the wider Niantic area for years. In that time, we've worked with countless families with their own distinctive needs and dynamics. The services we can offer your family include:
- Meal preparation and planning
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping duties
- Bathing and bathroom aid
- Walking support
- Transferring help
- Dressing assistance
- Temporary family caregiver coverage
Our Approach to Home Care in Niantic
Rather than a one-size-fits-all approach, we craft a unique care plan and schedule for the families we serve. To determine the best, most transformative support for your loved one and the people who care for them, we'll take you through the following steps:
- Initial call - To get started, call Visiting Angels Groton at (860) 446-2273. You can speak to a care professional about our services and rates, then share a bit of information about your loved one. From there, we can set up a formal consultation at no cost.
- In-person consultation - Next, we'll meet with your loved one and anyone else with a vested interest in their care. During this consultation, we'll evaluate your loved one's condition, find out more about their routine, and establish their overall care needs — and those of any family members too. Your family can also ask questions, make requests, and bring up any concerns you might have.
- Care plan creation - We'll use the consultation to develop your family's comprehensive care plan, complete with a custom care schedule. Whether your loved one needs overnight assistance or a few afternoon visits throughout the week, we can establish this routine together.
- Caregiver recommendation - We will introduce you to the caregiver we believe would be an ideal fit for your loved one's care needs and preferences.
Monitoring and adapting - Once we start providing care for your relative, we'll keep track of their condition and check in with your family regularly, so we can adjust their care plan as needed.
Companion Care and Social Care
Whether due to age-related limitations or their changing communities, many seniors find themselves spending much more time alone. This can cause loneliness and a sense of isolation that can take a toll on their health, too. To keep your loved one more engaged with the world around them, we can provide uplifting companionship and conversations as part of our home care in Niantic.
To help your loved one stay connected to friends and family, we can also show them how to use new online tools and technologies through our social care service.
If your family member finds it harder to stay on top of housework, stock the fridge with fresh food, and generally go about their day, we can help with our personal care service. This form of care encompasses all the routine activities of daily life that we often take for granted, including:
- Bathing, using the restroom, and getting dressed
- Taking prescriptions on time
- Preparing regular meals with healthy ingredients
- Arranging transportation to appointments and outings
- Running errands and picking up groceries
- Doing basic chores like laundry and changing bed sheets
- Walking and changing locations safely
Millions of people across the country are acting as caregivers for a family member. If you've taken on this role, it's important not to neglect your own well-being in the process. With respite care, you can make time for your own mental and physical health and reduce your risk of burnout. Meanwhile, our caregivers can make sure your relative's needs are fully met.
Fall Prevention Program
Did you know that one in three seniors experience a fall every year? To reduce your loved one's risk of a slip — the primary cause of serious injury for seniors — we can inspect their home, assess their personal risk factors, and make personalized recommendations.
Transitional Care Program
Another significant risk for seniors is hospital readmission, especially in their first month back home. We can help your family through every step of this transition, starting at your loved one's bedside at the hospital. We'll help you build a discharge plan, get detailed instructions from your loved one's physician, and help your relative keep up with their follow-up care at home.
Get Started with Home Care in Niantic Today
Serving New London County
Visiting Angels GROTON, CONNECTICUT1 Fort Hill Rd #9
Groton, CT 06340