Caregiver jobs set driven and compassionate individuals on the track to a rewarding career that makes a difference in the lives of others in need. At Visiting Angels® Harrisburg, we have a range of jobs available, from part-time positions to full-time roles. We are eager to partner with candidates who display a strong work ethic as well as the empathy and respect elderly adults deserve.
Since we offer flexible scheduling and competitive compensation as well as a supportive environment, working at our care agency is an excellent career choice for care professionals in Harrisburg. We believe the personal qualities of our caregivers are what set them apart from the rest, which is why we consider characteristics like patience and kindness before on-paper qualifications. You don’t need any previous experience to succeed as a member of our caregiving team, although a background in the industry is of course an advantage.
The duties our caregivers take on cover a variety of care requirements and special requests. As our care agency offers multiple home care services, from Alzheimer’s care to companion care and respite care, our caregiver job descriptions vary significantly.
Examples of some of our caregivers’ most common responsibilities include:
- Monitoring seniors’ physical and mental well-being
- Providing supervision to prevent wandering
- Offering timely medication and appointment reminders
- Running errands for care recipients
- Arranging safe and reliable transportation
- Tidying up and taking care of light chores around the house
- Planning and preparing meals according to dietary requirements
- Engaging in conversation and fun social activities
- Providing soothing emotional support and companionship
- Assisting with walking and mobility limitations
- Supporting seniors with bathing and other personal care tasks
Are you ready to learn more about our caregiver jobs in Harrisburg, Lebanon, Lower Paxton, Mechanicsburg, New Cumberland, Swatara, West Hanover, and the surrounding areas? Complete the form below to connect with our local care agency.