Choosing an In Home Caregiver in Bryn Mawr: Why Families Choose Us
When families throughout Haverford, Havertown, Villanova, Gladwyne, Bryn Mawr, or the surrounding communities find themselves in need of a compassionate in home caregiver for an elderly parent or loved one, they turn to Visiting Angels® Havertown PA. Families trust our agency to look after their loved ones because we have the experience necessary to safely care for seniors at home. Our team of senior care professionals are known for providing expert care with a personal touch.
Why You May Not Be Ready to Provide Care Yourself
When you look at things objectively, you may realize hiring a professional in home caregiver from the Bryn Mawr area can be a better choice for your loved one. Caregivers often have specialized knowledge which you may not possess. Caring for an elderly adult is much different from caring for a child and when that senior is your parent, things can get complicated. It may also be embarrassing for your parent who once took care of you, to have to turn around and ask for help going to the bathroom, etc...
Some additional reasons you may not be ready to provide care to a loved one include:
- It is not uncommon for family caregivers to become resentful, especially if their relationship has been strained
- It is awkward for all parties involved when an adult child has to "parent" their mother or father
- Caregiver burnout is a very real consequence which can cause family members anxiety and fatigue
- If your time is already stretched to the max due to work, family, friends, and other commitments
- You may not have the skills which are needed to properly address your loved one's needs
- Strained sibling relationships can make it difficult to agree on a single course of care for a parent
The Benefits of Receiving Care from Visiting Angels Havertown
Your Bryn Mawr area loved one will benefit in many ways when care is provided by an in home caregiver from Visiting Angels Havertown. Some of these benefits include:
- Our senior care providers are well versed in safety and fall prevention measures
- We provide consistency, unlike rotating care schedules from family members
- Our caregivers can provide compassionate aid without family baggage involved
- Professional providers know how to manage the ins and outs of home care
Call Visiting Angels Havertown today to learn more about how an in home caregiver can assist your loved one in the Bryn Mawr area.