Dementia Caregivers in Haverford: Ask These Questions to Get Started
When a parent or family member is in need of memory care, it takes specialized assistance in order to keep them safe and comfortable at home. Families who are in need of aid in Havertown, Broomall, Delaware County, Main Line, Montgomery County, the Philadelphia counties, and the surrounding communities near Haverford turn to the dementia caregivers from Visiting Angels® Havertown PA. If you are in the process of interviewing caregivers, ask the following questions to learn more about your candidates:
- How would you handle an emergency while my family member is in your care?
- If we need to get in touch with you regarding care, what is the best way to reach you?
- Have you worked with seniors who have Alzheimer's or dementia previously?
- Are you comfortable performing all aspects of memory care including hygiene?
- Is your schedule flexible if my loved one needs additional care for any reason?
- What method would you use to help keep track of medication reminders?
- Are you able to complete a comprehensive background screening before starting?
- Do you have any training which would make you specially qualified to provide care?
- Are you experienced at providing live-in memory care or long-term assistance?
- Would you be able to prepare healthy meals for my loved one during care?
- Do you have a valid drivers license? Are you insured? Do you own a car?
- What are our scheduling options? Are services available overnight and on weekends?
The Benefits of Professional Dementia Caregivers from Visiting Angels Havertown
While enlisting family members to care for a loved one in Haverford with dementia may seem like an easy solution, memory care is more complicated than you may realize. Seniors with dementia have evolving needs and deal with side effects which can be physically and emotionally taxing for family members. Dementia caregivers from Visiting Angels Havertown take the pressure off families throughout Haverford by providing skilled and compassionate aid.
How Dementia Caregivers Help Haverford Area Seniors
The dementia caregivers from Visiting Angels Havertown help Haverford area seniors by providing the following:
- Wandering prevention
- Medication reminders
- Household organization
- Fall prevention measures
- Client monitoring
- Healthy meal preparation
- Transportation assistance
- Dressing and hygiene
- Joyful companionship
- Walking assistance
Call Visiting Angels Havertown today and ask how our in-home dementia caregivers can assist your loved one in the Haverford area.