Transitional Care in Havertown: What You Need to Know
If you have an elderly loved one who has been hospitalized due to illness, injury, or other cause, you may be anxious for them to return home. What many families don't realize is that discharge from the hospital is not the final step in their loved one's recovery. Recovery takes time, and continued support at home is often needed in order for seniors to make a full recovery. In fact, it is estimated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service that roughly 1 in 5 Medicare patients will face readmission to the hospital within the first 30 days. This is not only expensive, it is often extremely disheartening for seniors and their loved ones. Visiting Angels® Havertown PA can provide your loved one with transitional care to help them continue their recovery at home.
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Havertown is non-medical assistance for seniors. It fills in the gap between hospital care and recovery. Our caregivers understand what causes setbacks in recovery and they can provide your loved one with one-on-one care and support to avoid these setbacks. Our caregivers are compassionate and will treat your loved one with care and respect while helping them recover.
Do I Need Transitional Care in Havertown?
You may be asking yourself if transitional care from Visiting Angels Havertown can help your loved one. We invite you to ask yourself the following questions:
- Will my loved one be learning to manage a new diagnosis?
- Does my loved one live alone, or spend much of their day alone?
- Is my loved one going to need mobility assistance?
- Will transportation aid be required for follow-up appointments?
- Does my loved one need help managing their medications?
- Will my loved one need to follow a specific meal plan?
- Would I feel more confident knowing my loved one is under professional care?
If you find yourself answering "yes" to any of these questions, the odds are that transitional care services from Visiting Angels Havertown can be an asset to your loved one's recovery.
How Visiting Angels Havertown Helps
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Havertown can help your loved one in their recovery by providing customized assistance for daily activities. Some services we frequently provide include:
- Walking and transferring aid
- Preparing dietary conscious meals
- Medication reminders and monitoring
- Bathing and dressing assistance
- Transportation to appointments
Call Visiting Angels Havertown today and ask about our transitional care services.