Well-Being Tips for Seniors in Havertown, PA and Surrounding Areas During the COVID-19 Crisis
Learn how professional home care services from Visiting Angels can help older adults in Havertown, Ardmore, Broomall, Bryn Mawr, Newtown Square, Springfield, Wynnewood and surrounding areas in PA stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak
With the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19 as it has been identified, it is imperative now that we focus on the well-being and health of our senior loved ones. While there is still a lot to learn about COVID-19, the disease has been spreading at an unprecedented rate and affecting so many across the world.
According to the Centers for the Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), this virus has several ways of transmitting:
- Through Person-to-Person Contact: People that are within six feet of each other can spread the virus through typical manners of touching, sneezing and coughing.
- Through Surfaces: COVID-19 can last for multiple hours on surfaces like copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard surfaces and even two to three days on surfaces like plastic and stainless steel.
- Through the Air: The virus can be viable for up to several hours in the air.
Our Professional Home Care Agency Is Set on Helping Senior Adults in Havertown and Surrounding Areas
At Visiting Angels Havertown, our mission has always been to maintain the well-being and health of our seniors’ health and happiness by providing personalized and professional home care services. Our caregivers do this by providing a variety of in-home senior care services to our clients, including light housekeeping to more hands-on care and personal care assistance.
Along with the guidance of the CDC, we have come up with some best practices for maintaining the health of the seniors in Montgomery County, Delaware County, Philadelphia County and the Main Line:
- Familiarize yourself with the symptoms: Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing, as well as chest pains and mental confusion.
- Personal care: Our caregivers can help assist seniors with keeping up good hygiene like washing, bathing, brushing their teeth, changing clothes and so much more.
- Practice social distancing: This is an essential way we can keep our senior loved ones safe and entails keeping them at home and away from other people. Our caregivers can help your loved one stay at home as much as possible by doing their grocery shopping and running other errands.
- Stay mindful: Remember that if you cough or sneeze that you do it in the crook of your elbow or in a tissue and avoid touching your face.
- Maintain a clean home: Our caregivers can assist in housekeeping and other light chores around the house in order to disinfect surfaces
To learn what other professional home care services we offer for your adult loved one, please contact our agency in Havertown, PA today to schedule a consultation.