Benefits of Dementia Care at Home in New Braunfels
A dementia diagnosis is never easy to accept, even if you've suspected for a while that your loved one's cognitive abilities were starting to fade. If you've already been caring for an older relative when they receive this diagnosis, you may understandably have concerns about what comes next. Will you still be able to give them the support they need, or will they need to move to a specialized care home? Thankfully, there is another option that can protect your loved one's well-being without taking them away from the people and places they love in New Braunfels: our dementia care at home from Visiting Angels® Boerne.
How Dementia Care At Home in New Braunfels Can Help Your Family
Visiting Angels Boerne specializes in dementia care at home for clients in and around New Braunfels so that families don't necessarily have to send their loved ones to an assisted living facility in order to receive the support and oversight they need. Our home care services also include essential relief and guidance for family caregivers who are overwhelmed or unsure how to adapt to a family member's changing condition.
By receiving this specialized support at home from Visiting Angels Boerne, seniors in New Braunfels and their families can experience the following benefits:
- Seniors get to remain in a familiar setting, which is especially important for people already experiencing confusion and distress.
- Seniors can receive regular one-on-one attention from a dementia care professional, so they can build a relationship and the care professional can monitor their progress.
- Family caregivers can get help from the care professional and ask them questions about how best to support their loved one.
- Seniors can stay on track with their medication and other routines thanks to reminders and reinforcement from their professional caregivers.
- Seniors and their families can arrange for care and assistance when they need it, including holidays, evenings, and weekends.
Schedule a Consultation in New Braunfels
Whether your family has decided that dementia care at home is the right path, or you're just trying to map out your options after a recent diagnosis, our care professionals in the New Braunfels area are here to help you. Our home care services area available in New Braunfels, Schertz, Seguin, and San Antonio.
Call Visiting Angels Boerne today to learn more about our dementia care at home, or schedule a free consultation for more personalized information about your loved one's care in New Braunfels.