Choosing an Alzheimer's Caregiver in New Braunfels
When a loved one in the New Braunfels, TX area has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, finding the right Alzheimer’s caregiver for them is extremely important. The right caregiver will help keep your loved one safe and make sure all their basic needs are met. They will also help improve your loved one’s quality of life by creating an environment where your loved one will feel safe and independent.
To help you find the best possible Alzheimer's caregiver for your loved one in New Braunfels, Visiting Angels® Boerne has created a step-by-step guide to finding a caregiver below.
Steps to Finding an Alzheimer’s Caregiver in New Braunfels
While finding the right Alzheimer’s caregiver for your loved one in the New Braunfels area can seem overwhelming, following these steps will help you stay organized and focused.
- Determine Your Loved One’s Needs. Create a list of services your loved one will need to stay safe, healthy, and happy. Does your loved one need 24-hour monitoring, help with bathing and grooming, or help around the home? Could they benefit from companionship and emotional support?
- Ask for Referrals. Speak to your loved one’s doctor as well as family and friends about Alzheimer's caregivers in the New Braunfels area. You can also ask your local senior center and call the Alzheimer's Association for caregiver referrals.
- Call Care Agencies. Once you’ve created a list of potential care agencies, call these agencies to learn more about their services. Have the list of your loved one’s needs on hand to make sure these agencies will be able to meet these needs.
- In-Person Meetings. Meeting with an agency at your loved one’s home will give you an opportunity to learn more about the care an agency provides. It can be helpful to have a friend or family member with you during these meetings to discuss your impressions afterwards.
- Check References. If you think you’ve found the right Alzheimer’s caregiver for your loved one in the New Braunfels, TX area, be sure to ask for references. Speak to other families who this care agency has helped, and ensure your loved one’s caregiver has gone through background and reference checks.
To learn more about finding the right Alzheimer's caregiver for your loved one in New Braunfels, San Antonio, Seguin, Schertz, or the surrounding communities, call Visiting Angels Boerne today.