Finding a Home Care Agency in New Braunfels
When you are looking for a home care agency in New Braunfels, Seguin, Schertz, San Antonio, or the surrounding communities, there are many important questions to ask. You want to find an agency that offers the best possible fit for your loved one and their needs.
Visiting Angels® Boerne TX recommends asking the following questions of a potential home care agency in the New Braunfels area:
- Does this agency offer custom care to meet the unique needs of my loved one, or is it one-size-fits-all care?
- Does this agency have a comprehensive interview process which includes a background check for caregivers?
- Is the home care agency locally owned and operated by professionals in the New Braunfels area?
- What are the types of services this agency provides? Can we provide input for my loved one's plan?
- Is someone from the agency willing to speak with my family member's physicians when necessary?
- If I have a care concern and need to reach someone at the agency overnight, how quickly do they respond?
- Is this agency bonded, licensed, and insured according to state standards?
- What are the available care hours from this agency? Are services available on the weekends or during holidays?
- Will my loved one be able to make changes to their care if they become ill or suffer an injury?
Consider Your Loved One's Home Care Needs
When building your loved one's care plan, you want to be sure the provider has a clear understanding of your loved one's needs. Having an in-depth discussion with your loved one can help you identify areas where they need the most help. Visiting Angels Boerne encourages you and your loved one to talk about the following questions when choosing a home care agency in New Braunfels:
- What are my loved one's specific physical and emotional needs?
- Does my family member need a caregiver who speaks a language other than English?
- Is my loved one going to need transportation assistance to appointments?
- Does my loved one require assistance for limited mobility or strength issues?
- What are the days, times, and duration my family member would like care?
- Has my loved one been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or dementia?
- Is my family member required to follow a doctor prescribed meal plan?
Call Visiting Angels Boerne today and ask how our home care agency helps seniors throughout New Braunfels remain independent at home.