Home Care Services in New Braunfels: Why You Shouldn't Feel Guilty Asking For Help
Becoming a caregiver for a parent or loved one can happen by accident. You realize they can't live on their own without help, so you move in. You ignore your own work, well-being, and friends in favor of taking care of them. Suddenly, their daily care is your biggest concern. If you're the primary caregiver for a family member, you may want to consider home care services in New Braunfels. It can be tough asking for help, but you shouldn't feel guilty. Professional care, such as from Visiting Angels® Boerne, can help you put your life back on track, re-energize, and improve the well-being of your loved one.
Signs of Caregiver Stress and Burnout
For families who take care of aging loved ones, caregiver burnout is a serious risk. More than three-quarters of primary caregivers report dealing with caregiver burnout. This can make it difficult for you to properly care for your loved one and can jeopardize your own health even further. It's a good indicator that you should enlist a home care service in New Braunfels if you haven't already.
At Visiting Angels Boerne, we've seen many families grapple with caregiver burnout. Here are six signs that you might be dealing with this issue:
- Difficulty sleeping, exhaustion, fatigue, and lack of energy
- Increased irritability, especially around your care recipient
- Ignoring previous hobbies, friends, and family
- Loss of appetite and changes in weight
- Increased illness
- Feelings of depression, anxiety, and hopelessness
How Home Care Services Can Help in New Braunfels
For families in New Braunfels, Seguin, San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, home care services from Visiting Angels Boerne can help you and your loved one take control of stress and exhaustion. It's designed not just to help your loved one, but to assist you as well:
- Reduce your workload. While you're still the primary caregiver for your loved one, a professional caregiver can work with you to share care duties and decrease your daily tasks.
- Have time for yourself. Professional care services can allow you to take time away, whether it's a few hours or a few weeks, so you can rest and re-energize as needed.
- Support your loved one. It's easy for a care recipient to feel guilty for taking up your time. Home care services in New Braunfels can help ease that guilt, while still prioritizing their care.
Visiting Angels Boerne is just a phone call away. To set up home care services in New Braunfels, just contact our office today.