Signs you Should Switch from Companion Care to 24-Hour Elderly Home Care in Hot Springs, AR
Visiting Angels 24-hour elderly home care is critical for your seniors in Hot Springs, AR, and nearby cities.
As we age, it can become challenging to make decisions. Companion 24-hour elderly home care is offered during the day; however, there will come the point when seniors require overnight care. In comparison, adult home care includes assistance with daily living activities. Dressing, cooking, cleaning, and eating, overnight care is more intense than just those activities; Visiting Angels created overnight care to cater to seniors with Alzheimer’s or related conditions.
The Emotional Implications of Hiring Overnight Care
Before discussing when to bring in an overnight 24-hour elderly home care provider, it is vital to establish how many families find it difficult to decide to do this. It’s normal to find it difficult to accept the deteriorating health of a loved one, as well as it may be difficult to take that your loved one needs around-the-clock, long-term care.
What are the Benefits of Overnight Care?
Overnight adult home care has many benefits for the seniors and the provider. We have curated a list of the top advantages overnight care has to offer:
Medical assistance at all hours of the day and night.
Seniors living with Alzheimer’s or dementia can find being alone at night to be scary and dangerous. These diseases are known for how they affect sleep patterns and lead to seniors wandering off in the evenings. Without 24-hour elderly home care and supervision, seniors may find themselves outside of their home, lost, or in worse cases getting hurt. 24-hour elderly home care is a solution for these risks.
A break for family caregivers.
More than 65 million people have stepped into the caregiver role. Additionally, these people also have their responsibilities to manage--like young children and spouses. This responsibility can cause significant emotional, financial, and mental burden that contributes to caregiver stress and burnout. There are many situations where family caregivers have to be with their senior loved ones every hour of the day. There is adult home care from Visiting Angels for those who cannot be there every hour of the day. 24-hour elderly home care allows family caregivers to step out of the care responsibilities without putting the senior at risk; overnight care offers a necessary respite for stressed family caregivers who need small, regular breaks.
Overnight 24-hour elderly home care providers are constantly trained medical professionals. 24-hour care can assist with catheterization, medication administration, and other healthcare needs the senior may have.
7 Signs That it is Time to Hire Overnight Care
If you’ve noticed any of the following signs or symptoms in your senior loved one, it is time to hire overnight care:
- Wandering off - When seniors have Dementia or Alzheimer’s and begin to wander at night, it is time to hire overnight 24-hour elderly home care assistance. Without supervision, seniors can walk off and wander out of the home, where they may find themselves getting hurt and scared. Home care providers can help seniors in the evening and prevent any wandering.
- Intense forgetfulness - When seniors become more and more forgetful, it is time for overnight care. These behaviors can pose a risk for seniors’ health; this kind of care is the best way to be sure that your senior stays safe.
- Depressive thoughts or actions - Depression is expected in the senior community, leaving many trying to hurt themselves. If you notice or think your loved one has expressed these emotions, overnight care is a crucial tactic to make sure they stay safe when you are not around.
- Medication neglect - When a loved one begins forgetting to take their meds, overnight care can assist. Certain medications (like anti-seizure or blood pressure medications) can have significant consequences if not handled correctly. A 24-hour elderly home care provider can ensure their clients follow their medication schedule.
- Anger or uncharacteristic behavior - If your senior has begun to show strange or atypical behavior, it may be time to hire overnight care. Overnight care providers can keep clients in their routine while keeping them safe-- their service is valuable for seniors displaying a new behavior.
- Medical conditions that necessitate round-the-clock care - If a loved one experiences seizures or other medical conditions that can be dangerous when alone, you may find that overnight care is lifesaving. Hiring a caregiver to be around when you cannot give you and your family the peace of mind you seek while your senior is receiving the assistance they need.
- When the senior needs help to get around - When seniors find trouble walking or moving around the home, it may be time to bring in overnight home care. Help allows the seniors to help to use the bathroom in the middle of the night while maintaining their dignity and independence.
The Case for Overnight Care
When in the right setting, 24-hour elderly home care can be a critical service to ensure that seniors stay safe when their family isn’t around. Overnight care fills in the gap where the family caregiver needs to sleep, and the senior is often left alone-- this is an excellent option for families and seniors requiring a high level of care.
When overnight care is brought in, family members can rest easy knowing that their loved one is incapable and caring hands. Visiting Angels overnight care providers are experienced, highly trained, and qualified to step in when you cannot-- they can ensure your senior’s ongoing health, safety, and wellbeing.
Contact the Hot Springs, AR agency, to learn more about our one-on-one services.