Coronavirus Crisis: Important Wellness Tips for Seniors in Jonesboro, GA and Surrounding Areas
Here’s what Visiting Angels is doing to provide dependable home care for seniors in Jonesboro, GA and surrounding areas during the COVID-19 outbreak
As the outbreak of the new coronavirus is spreading all over the world, it has become increasingly important for local families to focus on the health and wellbeing of their senior loved ones in Jonesboro and the surrounding communities.
While scientists are still figuring out the patterns of the infectious virus known as COVID-19, this disease is noted for its swift and easy spread throughout many countries. As stated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), coronavirus can spread in three ways:
- From person-to-person – When people are within six feet from one another, the virus can easily spread through touch, sneezes or coughs.
- Surfaces – COVID-19 is stable for hours on various surfaces such as copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to three days on surfaces like plastic and stainless steel.
- Air – The disease is also airborne and can remain in the air for up to three hours.
Here’s How Home Care for Seniors from Visiting Angels Helps Aging Adults in Jonesboro and the Surrounding Areas Fight Off COVID-19
At Visiting Angels Jonesboro, we are committed to maintaining the health, safety, and independence of our senior clients now more than ever. Our personalized home care for seniors is designed to help with a range of daily routines, from light housekeeping to hygiene assistance.
With guidance from the CDC, our locally owned and operated Jonesboro agency came up with these invaluable practices for maintaining your loved one’s wellbeing during the corona outbreak:
- Recognize the symptoms – Fever, dry cough, and difficulty breathing accompanied by chest pain.
- Personal care – A dedicated caregiver from Visiting Angels Jonesboro can help Mom or Dad with handwashing, bathing, changing clothes and more.
- Social distancing – As practicing social distancing is especially important for older adults at this moment, our in-home senior care services include going to the local store to purchase groceries and home goods instead of seniors.
- Stay mindful – It is important to remind your parent to sneeze or cough into a tissue of the crook of their elbow and avoid touching the face.
- A clean home – Trained caregivers from Visiting Angels Jonesboro can perform light housekeeping and make sure surfaces in your loved one’s home are often disinfected.
How Else Can Visiting Angels Jonesboro Keep Your Loved One Safe?
Besides promoting daily wellness to keep Mom or Dad safe and engaged, there are other ways we can help too. Our in-home senior care services can include meal preparation, mobility assistance, transportation to appointments, and more. We also offer specialized care plans such as Alzheimer’s care, end of life care, fall prevention and other services.
Call our Jonesboro, GA office today to learn more about how our home care for seniors can additionally protect your loved one during this difficult period. We are happy to schedule your virtual consultation at any time!