How Caregivers from Visiting Angels Jonesboro Can Help Older Adults Boost Their Immunity with Quality In-Home Senior Care
At Visiting Angels, our caregivers are committed to helping seniors in Jonesboro, Ellenwood, College Park, Riverdale, Morrow and surrounding areas in Georgia boost their immune systems by developing healthy lifestyle changes. Together, we can help seniors stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak
Nowadays, when seniors are at risk for severe illness from coronavirus, ensuring your aging loved one’s health and well-being is more important than ever. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people with autoimmune disorders, heart disease and diabetes are at risk as well. If you are worried about your loved one’s well-being, caregivers from Visiting Angels Jonesboro can help you boost their immune system and keep them safe and happy.
The Importance of Maintaining a Healthy Senior Care Routine in Jonesboro, GA and Surrounding Areas
By maintaining a healthy daily routine, your parent can boost their immune system and increase their chances of fighting off the virus.
- Getting a good night’s sleep – In order to stay strong and healthy, your parent needs to get at least seven to nine hours of sleep every night. If they struggle with insomnia, our home care providers can help them improve their sleeping pattern.
- Maintaining a healthy diet – Our care providers can prepare nutritious meals for your aging parent and bring them fresh groceries whenever needed.
- Performing regular exercise – Even in isolation, seniors should do low-impact exercises to ensure their well-being.
- Staying hydrated and keeping to medication schedules – With medication and fluid reminders from Visiting Angels Jonesboro, our care providers can make sure your parent is properly hydrated and that they are taking their pills as prescribed.
- Washing your hands – Maintaining personal hygiene is always essential, but it has become especially important during the COVID-19 outbreak. Our caregivers can help your loved one with bathing, grooming, washing their hands and brushing their teeth.
Reducing Stress to Improve Health
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many people feeling anxious and overwhelmed. Here are several ways your loved one can lower their stress levels:
- Connect with family and friends online – Our care providers can show your loved one how to use Skype, FaceTime and Facebook to stay connected to their friends and family members. This way your parent can lead an active social life without having to leave their home.
- Take a break from the news – Listening about the COVID-19 crisis on a daily basis can be overwhelming. Your parent should take a mental break to focus on activities that bring them joy and peace, such as yoga and meditation.
Learn More About Our Dedicated Caregivers Today
If you wish to find out more about how our home care services could benefit your parent during the coronavirus crisis, please contact our office in Jonesboro, GA. Our friendly staff members are here to answer your questions.