In-Home Care Increases Wellness to Help Seniors During the Coronavirus Health Crisis in Joplin, MO and Surrounding Communities
Now more than ever, families are focused on their elderly loved one’s health and wellbeing. At Visiting Angels of Joplin, our mission has always been to help seniors stay healthy and safe while maintaining their independence at home. In-home care provides a vital resource for seniors who have health or mobility needs or family caregivers who need to step away for any length of time. During this health crisis caused by COVID-19, Visiting Angels of Joplin is ready to partner with you to make a difference in your loved one’s safety and health.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a great source of information for seniors and their families. While we are all still learning about the coronavirus, COVID-19 has been noted for its spread through communities around the world. This disease can spread in three key ways:
- Person to person. Touch, sneezes, and coughs are common methods of transmission.
- In the air. COVID-19 lasts for three hours in the air.
- On surfaces. COVID-19 can live for up to three days on hard surfaces like copper, steel, or plastic. It can also survive for several hours on cardboard.
Visiting Angels of Joplin Helps Keep Seniors Safe Through Dedicated In-Home Care
Visiting Angels of Joplin continues to safely offer in-home care to seniors. With guidance from the CDC and our Missouri Department of Health, we’ve developed or refined procedures that can help keep seniors safe:
- Every caregiver knows the symptoms of coronavirus and will report any symptoms to you and your family.
- Each home care provider offers a renewed focus on personal care and maintaining good hygiene, including hand washing and disinfecting household surfaces.
- Practicing social distancing by having caregivers run errands to grocery stores and pharmacies so your loved one won’t have to.
- Practicing good hygiene habits, like sneezing in the crook of your elbow, not touching your face, and effective hand washing or hand sanitizing.
Our in-home care services range from simple tasks (like linens changing, or medication reminders) to hands-on assistance with personal or physical needs. We practice daily wellness to keep your aging loved one healthy, comfortable, and independent, and offer support for any daily task or activity on your loved one’s to-do list. A home care provider can even help with specialized services, such as transitional care (for help returning home from the hospital after a surgery or illness), Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and end of life care.
If you’re concerned about your loved one’s ability to stay safe during the coronavirus health crisis, Visiting Angels of Joplin is ready to help. Call our senior care agency today to learn more about our in-home care services.