Please review the following job description. If you feel you have what it takes to be a Visiting Angel please visit Visiting Angels Libertyville Job Application. After you summit the completed application, our staff will review it. If you meet our standards and qualifications you will be called to set up a personal interview.
Please be sure all your references are aware that they will be called and are verifiable (someone who knows your job performance)
Job Title: Home Services Worker (aka Caregiver)
Job Summary: The Caregiver is an extended member of the health care team who performs tasks that allow the care recipient to remain safely in the home. Their duties include non-medical personal care that assists the care recipient (client) with their activities of daily living, as well as light duty custodial services, and joyful companionship.
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old and a High School graduate (or equivalent). Must have a minimum of one year of documented experience providing care in a private home or alternate care settings. Must display good emotional and physical health and be able to tolerate much standing, bending, stooping to accomplish duties. Must be able to lift 25 pounds unassisted. Must be able to speak, read, follow written and verbal instructions, and document simple, factual description of events in client log book in English. Willingness to adhere to Visiting Angels standard of providing kind, compassionate care to clients. Should demonstrate flexibility in acceptance of assignments and a cooperative attitude toward providing services. Must meet all Agency requirements including, but not limited to, initial and periodic criminal background checks and random drug testing. Having a driver’s license, a car, car insurance and the ability to drive to an assignment is required.
- Assist care recipients with personal hygiene such as bathing, shampooing, shaving, oral care, toileting, incontinence support, dressing and grooming.
- Prepare nutritious meals within the care recipient’s diet and assist with eating, when necessary. Wash dishes and clean up kitchen after each meal.
- Provide reminders to ensure care recipient takes medications per prescribed schedules.
- Assist care recipient with transfers, ambulation and exercises (if appropriate).
- Perform light housekeeping chores such as dusting, vacuuming, sweeping floors, spot mopping and general cleaning of rooms in which the care recipient spends his/her time and/or which facilitates clients’ self-care in the home.
- Launder care recipient’s bed linens and personal clothing on a routine basis.
- Assist care recipient in the bathroom or with the use of a commode, bedpan or disposable sanitary products.
- Tidy bathrooms after use by care recipient, rinse tub or shower after use, and wipe spills on sink or floor.
- Perform errands or incidental transportation as requested and per Agency policy.
- Provide cheerful, positive assistance at all times. Provide joyful companionship.
- Answer all care recipients’ calls and attend to their requests promptly.
- Meet the safety needs of the care recipient and use equipment safely and properly.
- Respect and honor care recipients’ desire for privacy as well as needs for socialization.
- Complete daily log book entries accurately and carry out assignments as requested and identified on the Agency Care Plan.
- Notify Visiting Angels office of any acute or pertinent changes in care recipients’ condition. Notify Visiting Angels of any safety concerns in the home.
- Report for duty, properly attired, at the assigned day, time and place. Stay for the entire duration of the scheduled shift.
If this sounds like the perfect Caring Career opporunity for you, please submit your application and click here.
Serving Lake County, IL
Visiting Angels LIBERTYVILLE, ILLINOIS14048 Petronella Dr #201
Libertyville, IL 60048
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.