Our In-Home Care Services Promote Social Wellness for Seniors in Longmont, CO and Surrounding Areas
At Visiting Angels, we offer a variety of in-home care services for seniors in Longmont, Boulder, Louisville and surrounding communities in Boulder County, CO, including a social care program that allows seniors to stay in touch with their families, friends, and loved ones
Naturally, your loved ones are the core of your happiness and you want to give them all you can so they can enjoy their life. However, as your parents or your elderly relatives grow older, their mental or physical health may decline. While you are may be willing to sacrifice your private life and dedicate your time and love to help your older loved one, unfortunately, your help and skills may not be enough. Perhaps, you would like to hire a caregiver to help your loved one stay independent and happy in the comfort of their home.
Visiting Angels in Boulder County offers exceptional senior care services with a holistic approach. Our holistic approach involves care for our clients, both inside and outside of their home. Apart from offering a wide range of in-home care services such as respite care, light housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, transportation to an appointment, running errands, and others, we also offer a social care program. In our social care program, we utilize modern technology to help our clients stay connected with their lived one by using platforms like Skype, FaceTime, Facebook, etc., to remain engaged in their lives.
According to recent studies, here’s how social media platforms can help seniors:
- A University of Arizona research found that seniors who use Facebook experienced an improvement of 25 percent in mental “updating” skills.
- Surfing the internet can decrease depression in seniors by 20 percent.*
- Another study showed that seniors who visit social networking sites have a positive emotional experience (measured by brain stimulation, breathing rates, and pupil dilation).**
Our Social Care Program helps seniors in Longmont and surrounding areas learn how to:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send e-mail, use Skype, or FaceTime
- Create a Facebook account/page and communicate with their loved ones
- Log in, do online shopping, or research information using a search engine
Your Trusted Choice for In-Home Care Services in Boulder County
If you’re looking for the best social care program or other in-home care services your loved one, Visiting Angels compassionate senior care providers are at your disposal. Call our office in Longmont, CO at 303-828-2664 today!
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Boulder County, including Longmont, Boulder, Louisville, Erie, Lafayette and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels LONGMONT, CO2040 Terry St #106
Longmont, CO 80501