Important Care Tips During the COVID-19 Crisis for Seniors in Loveland, CO and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels is committed to providing quality in-home senior care throughout Loveland, Fort Collins, Windsor, Greeley and surrounding areas in Colorado to keep our senior community safe during the COVID-19 outbreak
Many counties around the world are imposing total lockdowns due to the global crisis caused by the new coronavirus outbreak. Because of the dire situation we are all facing, it has become extremely important to do whatever we can to maintain the health and well-being of our aging adults.
While scientists and epidemiologists are learning how to fight off COVID-19, this infectious disease has taken the planet by storm through its swift and easy spread across regions and even continents. As confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the virus is known to spread in a number of ways:
- Person-to-person – People in close proximity to one another can easily spread the virus by touch, sneezes and coughs.
- Surface contamination – Coronavirus can last for several hours on surfaces like copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard surfaces and up to 3 days on plastic and stainless steel objects.
- Air contamination – The virus can also linger on in the air for up to 3 hours.
How In-Home Senior Care from Visiting Angels Loveland Can Help Aging Adults in Colorado’s Northern Front Range Ward Off Coronavirus
At Visiting Angels Loveland, our local home care agency is dedicated to preserving the health and independence of our aging clients now more than ever. Our trained caregivers can offer a plethora of services and assist with many daily tasks.
By following the guidelines from the CDC, we came up with these invaluable practices for maintaining Mom or Dad’s wellness during the pandemic:
- Know the symptoms – Fever, dry cough, difficulties with breathing and chest pain.
- Personal care – A senior care provider can help your loved one maintain good hygiene on a daily basis.
- Social distancing – As COVID-19 spreads so easily, it is essential for seniors to stay at home as much as possible. To be on the safe side, our caregivers can run errands and go shopping for groceries for your loved one.
- Be mindful – Remind your senior to use a tissue or the inner side of a flexed elbow if they have to sneeze or cough and to refrain from touching their face.
- Keep a clean home – We can perform light housekeeping chores and make sure to disinfect surfaces in your parent’s home too.
Additional Ways We Can Keep Your Senior Loved One Safe
In addition to promoting senior wellness, safety and independence, our in-home care providers can help with a number of activities of daily living. For example, we can prepare healthy meals, assist with mobility, provide transportation and much more. We also offer specialized care plans such as dementia care, end of life care, fall prevention and many others.
Reach out to our Loveland, CO office today to learn more about our senior care services and how our caregivers can help your loved one remain healthy and safe in their home until the crisis ends.