Senior Home Care in Marietta, GA
When a Loved One is Admitted into the Hospital, All You Can Think About is if They are Going to be Okay. Visiting Angels of Marietta Helps by Providing Senior Home Care When it is Time for them to go Home.
Ready-Set-Go Home With Our Care Services
Being admitted to the hospital can be a stressful event for anybody, especially seniors. Readmission to the hospital is often even more difficult. At Visiting Angels of Marietta, our transitional care program offers the support and resources needed to help seniors who have recently been discharged from the hospital to avoid
Understanding the Causes of Readmission for Better Transitional Care in Marietta
While there are numerous reasons for hospital readmissions, it’s important to acknowledge the most frequent causes in order to provide the best care possible. Here are some of the most common causes of readmission that our care services at Visiting Angels of Marietta seeks to address:
- Difficulty dealing with a disease or illness in the home environment
- Exhaustion and disruption of normal routines
- Problems following through with specific discharge instructions
- Not taking medication at the appropriate times or in the right dosages
- Lack of follow-through with important follow-up appointments
How Senior Home Care Can Help Avoid Readmission
We aim to address these and other issues that occur after a hospital discharge. Our three-prong approach to senior home care provides the support that seniors need to ensure a successful transition back home:
- We start in the hospital. We’ll meet with the client’s hospital discharge planner on request in order to offer the best care possible during this vital period. We also provide our clients in Marietta with a copy of our transitional care guide, “Ready-Set-Go Home.” This guide initiates seniors to transitional care prior to their discharge to ensure that they understand the specific steps of readmission prevention.
- We offer monitoring and support at home. Our compassionate caregivers keep an eye on your loved one in order to watch for problems that could lead to readmissions, such as missing follow-up appointments or medication dosages.
- We keep track of your loved one’s progress. The Visiting Angels Marietta staff uses specialized tools and resources to track the progress of clients who are at risk for readmission. This information helps us provide the best transitional care possible.
Learn more about our senior home care at Visiting Angels of Marietta today. Contact us to schedule a free care assessment for your loved one in Marietta and Smyrna.
Serving Marietta and Smyrna, GA
Visiting Angels MARIETTA, GEORGIA2470 Windy Hill Rd SE #300
Marietta, GA 30067