Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for McKinney, TX and Surrounding Areas During the COVID-19 Crisis
Here’s how at-home senior care from Visiting Angels can help aging adults in McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Allen and surrounding areas in Collin County, TX stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak
Whether you have looked after your senior loved one or they are capable of taking care of themselves, ensuring their well-being is more important than ever. Coronavirus is rapidly spreading all over the world and we need to take care of our senior family members. Here at Visiting Angels McKinney, we aim to help older adults fight off the virus by keeping their wellness high. With our in-home care services, we can help your loved one stay healthy and vital.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the virus is spreading in the following ways:
- Through Person-to-Person – People who are not keeping six feet of distance between them and others can easily get infected through touch, sneezes and coughs.
- Through Surfaces – This virus lasts for several hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to three days on plastic and stainless steel.
- Through the Air – It stays in the air for up to three hours.
Our Home Care Agency Wants to Help Seniors in McKinney, TX and Surrounding Areas Fight Off COVID-19 By Keeping Their Wellness High
At Visiting Angels McKinney, we have always aimed to ensure the well-being of our clients and allow them to spend their golden years at home. Our at-home senior care services are designed to help seniors remain independent and age safely at home. With guidelines from CDC, we have come up with the best solutions for maintaining a senior’s well-being:
- Know the symptoms: Everyone should be aware that a fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain and confusion are the most common symptoms of coronavirus.
- Personal care: Our at-home senior care providers can help your loved one with maintaining personal hygiene, which is highly important during the outbreak.
- Practice social distancing: Your loved one should stay at home as much as possible. Our caregivers can run errands and go grocery shopping instead of your senior, so they can remain safe at home.
- Stay mindful: Sneezing or coughing into the crook of the elbow or into a tissue and not into a hand is important during this period.
- Maintain a clean home: Our caregivers can make sure that every part of your loved one’s home is disinfected with light housekeeping assistance.
How Else Can Caregivers from Visiting Angels McKinney Keep Seniors Safe?
Our at-home senior care specialists can also provide assistance with transport, meal preparation and transferring as well as deliver specialized care like Alzheimer’s and dementia care, fall prevention or end of life care.
If you wish to learn more about our in-home care services, please contact our office in McKinney, TX.