Alzheimer's Care Options for Seniors in McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Prosper and Throughout Collin County, TX
As the leading provider of Alzheimer’s care for seniors in McKinney, Allen, Frisco and Prosper, TX, Visiting Angels can help you understand Alzheimer’s disease and what care options can help seniors manage their symptoms while improving their quality of life
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common type of dementia, affecting millions of senior Americans. It is a condition known for causing a slow but steady decline in memory, thinking, and reasoning skills.
Although the cure for Alzheimer’s hasn’t been invented yet, various treatments and therapies designed to slow down the progression of the disease are available. In order to find the best possible solution, it's important to be proactive and identify the warning signs and plan your loved one’s care if you suspect she/he might be showing the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
What Are Common Symptoms of Alzheimer's?
Alzheimer's care professionals have found that seniors with Alzheimer's often have the following symptoms:
- Often forgetting names, events or where things go
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time and place
- Frequently misplacing things
- Poor judgment
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Arising difficulties with reading, judging distance or determining colors
- Difficulty with completing simple sentences or finding appropriate words
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Frequent changes in mood or personality
Finding Quality Alzheimer’s Care Services in McKinney and Surrounding Areas
If your loved one is showing one or more of the above mentioned warning signs, it’s crucial that you have them screened and evaluated by a physician as soon as possible. Should your loved one be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, you might want to plan ahead and consider getting help from professional Alzheimer’s caregivers from Visiting Angels McKinney.
Additionally, these basic steps can help you provide better care for your loved one:
- Educate yourself on Alzheimer’s disease. You can find a lot of useful information on The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America and Alzheimer’s Association sites.
- Take care of Mom or Dad’s financial and legal affairs and plan long-term care options. Instead of relocating your loved one to an assisted living facility, consider opting for Alzheimer’s home care services from Visiting Angels McKinney.
- Employ cognitive stimulation whenever you visit. Play music that your loved one likes and take the time to solve puzzles and play memory games with her of him.
- Arrange respite care services when you can’t be around to provide care for your loved one.
- Build a strong support system consisting of family members and professional caregivers.
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or any type of dementia, Visiting Angels McKinney can help. Call our office today and learn more about our Alzheimer’s care services and how we help families throughout McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Plano and surrounding areas in Collin County, TX. We look forward to working with you!
Serving McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Prosper and Communities in Collin County, Texas
Visiting Angels McKinney, Texas4500 Eldorado Pkwy #1500
McKinney, TX 75070
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.