Transitional Care in Miami to Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Do you have a loved one who is currently a hospital inpatient? Are you concerned about your loved one's ability to care for themselves upon their return back home? Do you worry you won't have enough time to dedicate to properly caring for your loved one on your own? If any of these ring true, your loved one may benefit from transitional care. Visiting Angels® Miami FL can provide your loved one with a referral for compassionate care upon discharge.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, nearly 1 in 5 seniors will be readmitted to the hospital within the first month after discharge. To understand why transitional care referrals from Visiting Angels Miami are so important, you must first recognize the common causes of hospital readmission:
- Inability to follow discharge instructions
- Missed medication doses or improper use
- Lack of mobility assistance
- Increased risk of falling
- Trouble managing an illness at home
- Difficulty following a prescribed meal plan
- Missing follow-up appointments
- Exhaustion due to disrupted sleep
Thankfully, transitional care referrals from Visiting Angels Miami can help your loved one avoid these risk factors and have a successful recovery at home.
How Transitional Care Referrals from Visiting Angels Miami Help
Visiting Angels Miami takes a three-pronged approach to transitional care:
- While your loved one is still in the hospital, we can visit and provide them with a copy of our discharge planning brochure. Our care coordinator can also meet with the hospital's discharge planner to help ensure a smooth transition back home.
- At our office, we can help prepare for your loved one's return by arranging for food, equipment, and medication deliveries. We also hand-pick a caregiver from our nurse registry to assist your loved one upon their return.
- In the home, a transitional care provider referred by Visiting Angels Miami can provide client monitoring, medication reminders, walking assistance, transportation to appointments, meal preparation, dressing and bathing assistance, and other non-medical tasks to help your loved one in their recovery.
The types of transitional care your loved one receives through Visiting Angels Miami will be based on their specific needs. Services are also flexible enough to allow for changes when needed.
If you have a loved one in need of transitional care after an inpatient hospital stay, call Visiting Angels Miami and inquire about our caregiver referrals.
Serving Miami-Dade County, FL Metro Area
Visiting Angels Miami, Florida8501 SW 124th Ave #310A
Miami, FL 33183
FL Lic: 30211346
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.