How a Home Care Aide Can Help North Miami FL Residents with Alzheimer’s
Home Care Aides for Seniors with Alzheimer’s in Miami Beach, Ives Estates, and Surrounding North Miami Areas
The Alzheimer’s Association estimates that 5.8 million Americans are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease. The association describes Alzheimer’s as a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Over time, symptoms can worsen. After an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, your family is probably left with a world of questions.
Being proactive is the key to managing Alzheimer’s. The sooner you witness the warning signs, the sooner your loved one gets diagnosed, and the sooner your loved one can receive senior care. Currently, there isn’t a cure for Alzheimer’s. But there are methods that you can incorporate into your loved one’s life to improve it.
Be sure to know these 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Confusion about time or place
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Difficulty completing tasks at home or work
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships
- Decreased or poor judgment when making decisions
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood or personality
- New problems with speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
Remember that Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of the aging process. A senior might experience some of the above warning signs to a certain degree. But, someone with Alzheimer’s will have symptoms that will get worse as time passes.
Have you or someone you love recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s? Here are a couple of steps to help you smooth the transition into the next stage of your life.
- Educate yourself about the disease
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term care planning issues
- Employ cognitive stimulation
- Arrange respite and/or regular home care (i.e. hiring a home care aide)
- Build a support system
From finding home care aides that specialize in Alzheimer’s care to creating a schedule that fits your lifestyle, Visiting Angels of North Miami is here for you. To explore the available home care aides and schedule a free in-home consultation, contact our offices at your earliest convenience.
Serving Miami-Dade County Metro Area, Aventura, Miami Beach, and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels NORTH MIAMI, FLORIDA11900 Biscayne Blvd #104
North Miami, FL 33181