Choosing In Home Care For Midland's Seniors
If you have a loved one who is entering their senior years, you may be struggling with how best to take care of them. For families of these seniors, it can be hard to fulfill the role of a caregiver, whether it's because you live far away, have a full-time job, or other responsibilities. At Visiting Angels® Midland-Odessa, we help elderly individuals and their families make big decisions about in home care. Here's what you need to know before you get started.
How To Tell If Your Loved One in Midland Needs In Home Care
If you don't live near your loved one in Midland, you may find it difficult to tell if they need in home care. On your next visit, here are a few things to keep an eye out for:
- Expired medication. Check with your family member if they've been remembering to take their medication. An easy way to tell is if the expiry date on medicines is past due.
- Messy home. Compare the state of their home to previous visits over the years. Does it look like your loved one is forgetting to take care of the essentials, like taking out the garbage or doing the dishes?
- Their appearance. You can often tell by appearance if your loved one has been taking care of themselves. Does it seem like they're neglecting basic hygiene?
The Choice In Home Care for Seniors - Visiting Angels Midland-Odessa
When it comes to Midland area seniors, good in home care services fulfill a comprehensive set of needs. For example, caregivers from Visiting Angels Midland-Odessa provide assistance with grooming and hygiene, small household chores, and running errands. But we can also attend to the mental and emotional needs of your loved one, too:
- Comfort in moments of anxiety. Seniors can often feel lonely, anxious, or stressed when living on their own. This is especially true for those elderly family members who are suffering from memory disorders like Alzheimer's or dementia, which can cause anger or confusion as well. A compassionate caregiver can provide soothing comfort in these moments.
- Staying connected. Technology can bring joy to many older people, whether it's staying connected with family and loved ones or playing favorite music from their childhood. Along with daily support like making meals, medication reminders, and mobility assistance, your loved one's caregiver can help them get online and stay connected.
Visiting Angels Midland-Odessa provides comfort and in home care to seniors in Midland. We also service West Texas and the Permian Basin.
To set up an in home care consultation in Midland, call Visiting Angels Midland-Odessa at (432) 897-4094 today.