How Transitional Care in Mansfield Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go-Home care, often referred to as transitional care, from Visiting Angels® Mid-Ohio provides aid to seniors throughout Mansfield, Wayne, Knox, Richland, Ashland, Morrow, and Crawford counties. We offer assistance after a hospital discharge so seniors can avoid the expense and frustration of readmission during the first month after discharge when the risk is highest.
Visiting Angels Mid-Ohio takes a three-prong approach to transitional care, starting with providing discharge planning information while your Mansfield area loved one is still in the hospital. Back at our agency, our administrators can help plan for the delivery of medications and medical equipment to your loved one's home, as well as grocery shop and prepare the home for your loved one's return. Our caregivers can provide valuable assistance and monitoring once your family member has returned home.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
While there are many reasons why seniors are at an increased risk for hospital readmission, it is generally caused by an inability to strictly adhere to the hospital's discharge instructions. Seniors who have a lack of support once they return home are at an even higher risk for repeat hospital stays. Transitional care services from Visiting Angels Mid-Ohio can help Mansfield area seniors avoid unwanted readmission by supporting their recovery.
Additional causes of hospital readmission may include:
- Falls due to medication effects or limited mobility
- Not following your physician's discharge instructions
- Missing your scheduled follow-up appointments
- Inability to manage a new diagnosis at home
- Trouble following your designated meal plan
- Not taking medications correctly and missing doses
How Visiting Angels Mid-Ohio Helps Mansfield Area Seniors
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Mid-Ohio can help Mansfield area seniors in countless ways. We can assist with non-medical tasks at home to make recovery easier for your loved one. Some of the ways our senior care providers can lend a hand include:
- Offering medication monitoring and reminders
- Fall prevention through walking and transferring aid
- Dignified assistance with dressing, toileting, & bathing
- Coordinating transportation to follow-up appointments
- Preparing the home for your family member's return
- Help following the hospital's prescribed meal plan
- Assistance with light housekeeping tasks and laundry
- Providing meaningful companionship to combat isolation
If your mother or father is preparing for an inpatient hospital stay, call Visiting Angels Mid-Ohio today and ask how our transitional care can help. Book a free consultation to help your loved one get started.
Serving the Communities of Richland, Ashland, Wayne, Knox, Morrow & Crawford Counties
Visiting Angels MID-OHIO113 N Main Street, Suite #200
Mansfield, OH 44902
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.