Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for Greater Newburyport
The effect of COVID-19 has left thousands of families scrambling to find the best ways to protect their loved ones. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that the elderly and those with serious preexisting health conditions are at a higher risk for developing serious complications from COVID-19. At Visiting Angels of Newburyport, we understand that one of the most important things that Newburyport families need is reliable information. Below, we are going to reveal senior care wellness tips that we have developed to protect our clients during this difficult time.
Newburyport Caregivers Protect Their Clients with These Wellness Tips
Visiting Angels of Newburyport is here to protect some of the most vulnerable individuals within our local community: the elderly. The below wellness tips reveal day-to-day lifestyle changes that help protect the elderly from COVID-19.
- Be aware of the symptoms: Our caregivers are aware of the COVID-19 symptoms: fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, and confusion. These symptoms can appear anywhere from 2-14 days after exposure, according to the CDC.
- Keep the house clean: COVID-19 can live on surfaces for multiple days, depending on the kind of surface. Our caregivers can ensure that surfaces, especially those that are frequently touched, remain sanitized.
- Stay mindful: To minimize spreading illness, our caregivers remind their loved ones to sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the crook of your elbow, if you need to. Also, it’s important to avoid touching your face with unwashed hands. These small lifestyle changes are important in minimizing the possibility of contracting the illness.
- Maintain personal care: Maintaining good hygiene helps seniors prevent illnesses, including COVID 19. Our Angel companions assist their caregivers with handwashing, dressing, bathing, toileting, and more. These tasks can become more difficult with age. As a result, our caregivers can handle those tasks to relieve the stress that may come from them.
- Practice social distancing: To keep seniors far away from the general public, our caregivers are happy to perform tasks such as grocery shopping and picking up medication.
How Personalized Care Protects Seniors
Aside from assistance with day-to-day activities, our caregivers can provide specialized senior care. Some of the many senior care services that Visiting Angels of Newburyport offers include personal care, Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, social care, and end of life care. From our office workers to our caregivers, we will do everything that we can to ensure that your loved one can enjoy the comforts of home.
If you are interested in learning more about our senior care services, contact our offices at your earliest convenience.